EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » what is the closest "tourist city "to Upper Egypt? is it Luxor?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what is the closest "tourist city "to Upper Egypt? is it Luxor?
Mettalise
Member # 7893

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mettalise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really need a break from my "future in-laws". How far is Luxor?
If Luxor is the closest , where would be a good place to stay for a few days? How do I get there from here?

[This message has been edited by Mettalise (edited 05 June 2005).]

Posts: 1 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are staying in Cairo then Luxor is about 9/10 hours by train or 1 hour flying. There are loads of hotels from backpacker dives to fantastic 5* luxury. There are also flats to rent like mine www.flatsinluxor.com

If you want a nice 5* go for the Le Meridien or the Winter Palace (pick the Garden Pavillion at the back). I have stayed at both of those. If you want something with a bit of character here on the West Bank try http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/nakhil.htm tell them Jane sent you.

Try and get hold of a good guide book like the Lonely planet or Rough Guide and they have pages on accommodation and what you can do. Luxor is a wonderful place with loads to see and do. I would be glad to help you if you want tours as well.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mettalise:
I really need a break from my "future in-laws". How far is Luxor?
If Luxor is the closest , where would be a good place to stay for a few days? How do I get there from here?

[This message has been edited by Mettalise (edited 05 June 2005).]

Huh? Luxor is Upper Egypt. Maybe you are already there. Where are you - exactly? And why aren't you asking your fiance? He could probably help you get a bus or train ticket.
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com