EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » What egyptians like to gain as gift?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What egyptians like to gain as gift?
Mariem
Member # 5469

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mariem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello friends !

In August I will make my dream come true: I will visit Egypt inshallah !!!!!!
Then I need your help for choosing some gifts for a friend and his family (they are muslim).
So what should I give for :
*his mother (over 60)
*his sister (about 30, just gave birth)
*his sister-in-law (22, will give birth in July)?
Do you think handbag is a nice gift for them 3? Or something for the house ? I will take clothes for the babies too.
To the men (father, 2 brothers and brother-in-law) I will give t-shirts, what do you think?
And for my friend, a t-shirt of Brazilian Team (I´m Brazilian) and I am still thinking in some other things.

Please, your advices will be precious !! Shukran !
Mariem

Posts: 19 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmed4001
Member # 7659

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmed4001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just make sure the mother get the best handbag
something represent your country will be also very nice

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the family is rural you may find they don't use handbags. Clothes are always a welcome gift, your idea of football t-shirts is an excellent one. Ladies often like sexy lingerie and if you buy that make sure you give it in private with no men around.

Believe it or not it gets quite cold in winter so good quality woollen tops are good. Thermal underwear as well, long johns for example. Even scarfs and hats for children.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mariem,

Please tell us a little more about the family. Do they belong to the middle class or a lower class?

I used to visit a wonderful family in a quite poor Cairo area. I used to come with some typical food items from my country, you can find them in Egypt but it was unaffordable for them. The women of the family also really enjoyed any beauty stuff like toners, creams, lipsticks and so on, which are also expensive in Egypt. Funny shower gels for the kids, with nice colors and smells.

Everyone was so happy with these gifts! Anyway, Egyptians are so warm and kind people, they will love everything you brought them!

Lingerie isn't something I would think about. First of all you don't know their size, and you can't ask your male friend to tell you...

Good luck Mariem!

Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com