EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Duty Free at Luxor Airport

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Duty Free at Luxor Airport
smitch
Member # 8005

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
Can anyone please tell me if Golden Virginia tobacco is available in the Duty Free shop at Luxor airport (the shop in the departure area), and if so how much it costs? I am due to go to Egypt tomorrow and am wondering if it best to buy on the plane or leave it until I am going home.
Thanks

Posts: 1 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pe@rson
Member # 6764

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pe@rson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry can't help you there but have a great time in Luxor

Here's the airport wesbite. I have to warn you it's a sorry excuse for a website. http://www.luxor-airport.com/

Here are pictures of the terminal which opened last summer so its pretty modern, clean and airy http://www.luxor-airport.com/index_fichiers/page0008.html

Posts: 150 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is Egypt I am afraid and whilst it might be available one day it won't the next. You are advised to buy in UK on the way out if there is anything you really want.
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pe@rson
Member # 6764

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pe@rson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
akshar, Luxor Airport isn't the joke it used to be...they've really done it up proper now
Posts: 150 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the airport is upgraded but the contents of the duty free shop are a mystery only known to Egyptians
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pe@rson
Member # 6764

Rate Member
O OK, well when I passed through the airport earlier this year I thought the duty free area was pretty good. As a non smoker I couldn't tell whether the brand smitch is asking for was there, but they sure had loads of cigarettes on sale.
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
But it wasn't cigrettes that were asked for but tobacco and that is really unusual here. Rolling tobacco I have only ever seen with foreigners. I have never seen an Egyptian that smokes roll ups. i have never seen rolling tobacco in the Duty Free shop in luxor. Speciality products like that are better bought in the UK
Pe@rson
Member # 6764

Rate Member
Thanks for pointing that out akshar

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com