EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Alexandria Hotels

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alexandria Hotels
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you give me the names of some clean, cheap Alex. Hotels located near Stanley Bay or Glym, it would be much appreciated.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Hotel. The nicest staff you could ever hope for. Mostly Egyptians from abroad (Guests).

But no hot water or towels. And don't ask the soo chef to make sunny side up eggs, I bet he remembers me for that. Ha ha ha ha ha....

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tip, but maybe I didn't want them that cheap. I would like hot water at least, I didn't know it was an opition not to have it.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is your price range?
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love cecil hotel. and the sheraton montaza is good too.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
I don't really have a range, I could pay whatever, but I don't need a super fancy place if I can find something decent for less. I don't want to pay more than $100 less if I can get by with it. Also does anyone know what area the American School of Alexandria is in?
AMR the great
Member # 3076

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for AMR the great   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u can find alot of good hotels for that price, the american school in alex. is about 10 km far from midtown, in the agriculture road of alexandria..bye
quote:
Originally posted by FairyDust:
I don't really have a range, I could pay whatever, but I don't need a super fancy place if I can find something decent for less. I don't want to pay more than $100 less if I can get by with it. Also does anyone know what area the American School of Alexandria is in?

Posts: 97 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try mecca,or hotel of elmadina
in sidi gaber
if you want some thing so cheap and clean i know abou 2 at ramle and elmanshia station on dawn town likenew capri hotel
a bout 45 le for night with panoramah sceen from the window (sea and the city)

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
10 km north, south, east, or west of the town center, agriculture road is not on the map I use online.
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Thanks, that is more what I am talking about!
quote:
Originally posted by egyptourguide:
try mecca,or hotel of elmadina
in sidi gaber
if you want some thing so cheap and clean i know abou 2 at ramle and elmanshia station on dawn town likenew capri hotel
a bout 45 le for night with panoramah sceen from the window (sea and the city)

egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you like to rent a good flat with good furniture in a good building with guarder
i think it would be better if you going to stay long time

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
i love cecil hotel. and the sheraton montaza is good too.

I stayed one night at Sheraton Montazah, for $250 for a room without a view and only one double bed it was hell. The staff had such an attitude problem.

I discussed this before on another thread. It might be different when its not summer, the Gulf Arabs have a tendancy to get real bitchy when a western woman is there.

Basically a 2 or 3 star rooms for a 5 star price.

[This message has been edited by sonomod (edited 18 June 2005).]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe look here:
http://www.egypttourism.org/Spanish/Hotels/hotels/Alexandria.htm

I would say: Sofitel (Cecil) or Windsor, if price is no problem, both have nice location immediately in centre of Cornice with sea views etc.

Otherwise the El Guiesh is the long beachside street that is basically the extention of the Corniche (the centre of all life in Alex) towards the east and connecting most of Alexandrias suburbs and beaches successively, so a good bet is to look for anything with address at Gueish, the larger numbers (300+) should be nicely in area of Stanley or not too long from it and you should be guaranteed sea view as well.

Anyway, the basic taxi fare in Alex is 10 EGP for long runs like from beginning of Corniche to Montazah, 4-7 for shorter ones, and there is not so much to do in and around Stanley (????) so I'd rather advice stay in centre (Corniche or Raml Station) and take taxis or trams (LOVE trams!!! & the fare is only 0.5 EGP or was it 0.25 maybe) to other points of interest. Service cars and certain suburbian a/c buses (1 EGP) are not bad either and outside of peak hours are largely empty. Enjoy!!!! And DO visit the beaches outside of Alex, if have time, e.g. in 6th October City/ Agami, to the west of A. Magnifique!!! I will post more about Alex shortly, have difficulty in getting control over all impressions and squeezing it into readable amount.

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 24 June 2005).]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com