EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » the temperature heat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the temperature heat
matthewdavidprice
Member # 7980

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for matthewdavidprice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading many holiday brochures here in the Uk, I am getting very conflicting, inofrmation,I plan to travel to Luxor in July, But for some reasons the brochures show a dip in temperature. is this right ???, I have been monitoring www.weather.co.uk aswell, Because I normally visit alone, I keep telling my freinds (Who are coming with me this time) that the heat is un-bearable, But after checking out the net, It also appears to be going cooler (Even tho its in its 40c) Any suggestions x
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live here in Luxor and also take people on guided trips. There is no doubt July is supper hot but by being sensible you will be fine. the trick is to finish any sites by 9/10. I get my guests at the sites the moment they are open, make sure they drink lots and cover themselves with loose baggy clothing. then you can nap in the A/C when it is unbearable. This plan seems to work well
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matthewdavidprice
Member # 7980

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for matthewdavidprice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so which is the hottest month to visit, Because I really want to impress my freinds with the heat, and do you offer day trip by plane to cairo x im there from 13th July -till 21 July x
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!
Really you're going at the right time. July and August are the hottest times. I would say your time is perfect. Bring cool loose clothing because even at night it stays around 30c. I always feel, and I bet they will too, when you first step off the plane in Luxor the heat hits you like a punch in the face. Incredible heat! I love it!! Especially if you're coming straight from England.

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by matthewdavidprice:
so which is the hottest month to visit, Because I really want to impress my freinds with the heat, and do you offer day trip by plane to cairo x im there from 13th July -till 21 July x

No can do with the plane but when you could book your own flights and then I can help you. Email me jane@ flatsinluxor.co.uk

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com