EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Showing Friends around for 2 weesk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Showing Friends around for 2 weesk
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NOxReducer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,
4 of my friends are flying over to Cairo in august for about 2 weeks, and I need to show them around Cairo and possibly Luxor and or The red sea depending on what they want to do. I am Egyptian, but i've been away for 7 years and dont think I will know my way around as well, do you guys have any recommendations?
Sherif

Posts: 185 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!!
You have to take them to Luxor! It's one of my favorite places in Egypt. I've been throughout Egypt and Luxor and Upper Egypt is just incredible...the people and the history!!

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it seems like a good idea but unless you know the sites and the history showing your friends around may not give them the best time. You might be better getting a local guide, if you are from Cairo i am sure someone in your family knows a guide but if you are really stuck contact me I know guides in Cairo and Luxor.
www.flatsinluxor.co.uk

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nox,
What are their interests, anything specific?
I went to Luxor earlier this year for the first time and it was great, very peaceful and scenic. I used to frequent the Red Sea resorts but personally don't fancy it anymore, where were you thinking of? Sharm/Hurghada?
As for Cairo - i would imagine all the usual sights..would have thought there would have been more replies for you..here's bumping it up!!!
All the best.

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NOxReducer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,
Thanks for all your replies. I am indeed from Cairo, and basically what I had in mind is to show them the non-touristic side to Egypt. I guess that would be limited to the Cairo area. A big thing that I"m really ashamed of, is that I've actually never been to Luxor or Aswan, and the last time I was in the red sea was back in 1992. I'm sure it has changed dramatically since then. So a lot of it will be new to me, and I just wanted to have a good time, and make sure things do not get too touristy, dont know if that is possible. My friends obviously have high expectations from me, which I dont know if i can deliver, hiring a tour guide is definitely a good idea, I hope that is not expensive, with us all being phd students we are very poor . I do not know if in 2 weeks we can do Cairo, the Red sea and Luxor/Aswan.I just wanted to get some thoughts from anyone who might have been on a similar tour for a short period of time....
Thanks

Posts: 185 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
As for their interests I"m not really sure, one of them would like to go diving for sure. Is dahab a better place to go diving or Sharm?
The others I'd imagine are like me, want to have a good time.

Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully there will be some informative replies for you Nox. I visited Luxor for the first time this year (shameful i know) but i frequented the red sea in my late teens/early twenties every holiday. My lifestyle has since changed and so i don't travel there anymore so am not much help..hope you have a great holiday and here's to more replies
Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com