EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » price comparison-please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: price comparison-please help
matthewdavidprice
Member # 7980

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for matthewdavidprice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that in Luxor and Egypt you get a lot more for your money than you would in the uk ,Is there any chance that someone could give me a few price comparrisons so that I would be able to budget my trip there for example, a vast array of things like

A big Mac meal (Luxor Mcdonalds)
A Taxi ride
a packet of Cigarettes
A gift (Of any type)
A hotel room
A Meal
snacks
bottle of water

ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC Thanks in advance Matt

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A big Mac meal (Luxor Mcdonalds)= 17 LE
A Taxi ride - depends where you go. 20 -30
a packet of Cigarettes - again depends. Cleopatra - 2.5. Imported about 5
A gift (Of any type)- this I cannot answer
A hotel room - depends on rating - from 100 - 500
A Meal - 25 up to 55
snacks - Crisps 1.5 big bag.
bottle of water - 1.25 LE.

Hope the above helps.

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynda
Member # 8095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there, just go and enjoy, you will come back with cash in your pocket for your next visit, cos I promise you will be back it`s great.
quote:
Originally posted by matthewdavidprice:
I know that in Luxor and Egypt you get a lot more for your money than you would in the uk ,Is there any chance that someone could give me a few price comparrisons so that I would be able to budget my trip there for example, a vast array of things like

A big Mac meal (Luxor Mcdonalds)
A Taxi ride
a packet of Cigarettes
A gift (Of any type)
A hotel room
A Meal
snacks
bottle of water

ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC Thanks in advance Matt

Posts: 8 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just think of it this way....1.00 GBP is equal to 10.50 EGP. Look at the prices listed above and you can figure how much stuff in general will cost you. For instance a taxi ride will cost you 2.00-3.00 GBP. It will be cheap for you.(planes to destination in Egypt are expensive though). Hope this helped.
Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com