EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » HELP ME PLEASE!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Helo
Member # 8171

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Helo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. IŽd like some information about means of transportation from Cairo to Hurghada, prices and if possible websites.
IŽd like also to be informed about how many L.E. correspond to a dollar.
The last question is how much is the bus from Cairo to Alex? How long does the trip take?
Thanx in advance

Posts: 1 | From: Brazil | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helo:
Hello. IŽd like some information about means of transportation from Cairo to Hurghada, prices and if possible websites.
IŽd like also to be informed about how many L.E. correspond to a dollar.
The last question is how much is the bus from Cairo to Alex? How long does the trip take?
Thanx in advance

You can fly but its fairly expensive!!
I usually take the El Gouna or Superjet bus... just 55 le and they leave several times a day. Usually air conditioned.
Roughly 5.5 le to the dollar.....
Sorry can't help oin the Alex stuff.. never been there!

[This message has been edited by Samia (edited 28 June 2005).]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know when I go I have a car. I take the desert route which is faster and it takes me 3 hours.(The greener more lush route takes 3 1/2-4 hours) It's a beautiful place you'll love it there. Are you considering going to Luxor too? Upper Egypt is my personal favorite area.

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helo:
Thanx in advance

I believe the bus was 23LE and it takes around 2 hours. Superjet goes to Alexandria too, and in general there should be a bus to Alex, every half hours or something. The Ramses station ares in Cairo is total nightmare though, have absolutely no idea how you'd be able to find anything at all there ). Though in Alex railway station we were helped greatly by an old man who always approached us and almost took us by hand to the correct ticket office. Maybe they make their living by that way (you give a pound or something, usually).

There are also trains to Alex, some stop everywhere and take longer time, the one I took from Alex to Cairo was said to be the speediest and the creme of all trains in Egypt (do not expect an Orient Express though and in 1st class the ticket was 34LE I believe, and seats were wide and the view from windows was really nice, on lush rice fields, donkeys drinking, children playing and all very green all the time. You need to book at least a day before though, because it runs only twice a day, morning and evening, and is very popular, or at least 1st class. Travewl time about 2 hours 20 minutes.
BTW my monster thread on Alex and prices there is here: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/002545.html

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com