EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » A Brazilian visiting Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Brazilian visiting Egypt
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NOxReducer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Everyone,
One of my friends a Brazilian is coming with me to Egypt this summer for 2 weeks (I'm Egyptian myself, we're both graduate students in the US). I was wondering if any Brazilians out there know if a Brazilian national can purchase a tourist entry visa to Egypt at the airport, or must they be obtained from a consulate or embassy in US?
Thanks

Posts: 185 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi,
as long as i know,the most of the people ive talked to from the US they take the tourist visa stamp when they arrive on Egypt airport,but in my case i gone from my home country to their embassy!But i was surprised that they sended me again for visa,as they didnt saw i already have it,so dont bother,u can take it on place!

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi NOxReducer!

Good to see you back after all this time, hope you have a good holiday. I thought this might be useful:

Non-Egyptian visitors arriving in Egypt are required to be in possession of a valid passport. Entry visas may be obtained from Egyptian Diplomatic and Consular Missions Abroad or from the Entry Visa Department at the Travel Documents, Immigration and Nationality Administration (TDINA). It is, however, possible for most tourists and visitors to obtain an entry visa at any of the Major Ports of Entry. Please check with your nearest Egyptian Consular mission for more details concerning visa regulations applying to your citizenship.

Note: Most travelers obtain their Visa upon entry to Egypt, and need not use the forms below to obtain a visa. Visa applications are normally passed out by airlines prior to landing at an Egyptian airport.

Citizens of the following countries are required to be in possession of a pre-arrival visa: Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Chechnya, Croatia,Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kirghizia, Lebanon, Macau, Macedonia, Malaysia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Morocco, Pakistan, Palestine, The Philippines,Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Sri-Lanka, Tadzhikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and all African countries.
Residents of the above countries may apply for a visa through their nearest Egyptian Consulate or Embassy.

Looks like your friend won't have to get a pre-arrival visa. http://touregypt.net/visa.htm

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariem
Member # 5469

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mariem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhh that´s great to know that another Brazilian will be in Egypt this summer as me !!! Tell me, when exactly are you and your Brazilian friend going to Egypt? Are you females or males?
Well, let me comment your question. In the travel agency where I bought my flight tickets to Egypt, they told me I can take the visa at Cairo airport so you better check it since your friend is leaving from US and not from Brasil. But north american citizens can take the visa at the airport as well.
So answer me soon please !
Mariem

Posts: 19 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khalid_2002
Member # 1709

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for khalid_2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I'm Egyptian but i like everythin' latin , music, culture.. loud voice and everythin'
so hope to join the gropu ;-)

urs,
Khalid http://members.virtualtourist.com/khalid_eg
my msn is khalid_abuzeid@hotmail.com

Posts: 310 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NOxReducer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mariem,
I'm male, but my friend is Female. We shall be in Egypt during the 2nd week of august until the last week. We're travelling with a group comprised of 1 French guy, 1 Catalan guy, Myself (male and Egyptian), 1 Catalan girl (the catalan's girl friend), 1 German girl, and 1 Brazilian girl. We are all graduate students in the US. I called up the consulate in houston a few days ago and they told me she should get a visa before she goes, which is strange. So we're heading out there on monday to get it. Peace out everyone..

quote:
Originally posted by Mariem:
Ohhhh that´s great to know that another Brazilian will be in Egypt this summer as me !!! Tell me, when exactly are you and your Brazilian friend going to Egypt? Are you females or males?
Well, let me comment your question. In the travel agency where I bought my flight tickets to Egypt, they told me I can take the visa at Cairo airport so you better check it since your friend is leaving from US and not from Brasil. But north american citizens can take the visa at the airport as well.
So answer me soon please !
Mariem

[This message has been edited by NOxReducer (edited 09 July 2005).]

Posts: 185 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
What group are you talking about man? Ma3lem it is people like you we'll be avoiding...haga teksef...
quote:
Originally posted by khalid_2002:
Hi,
I'm Egyptian but i like everythin' latin , music, culture.. loud voice and everythin'
so hope to join the gropu ;-)

urs,
Khalid http://members.virtualtourist.com/khalid_eg
my msn is khalid_abuzeid@hotmail.com

NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Hey newcomer, nice to hear from you, yes i've been away for quite a while, have been busy with my dissertation. Thanks for your help, but you know i read that webpage too, and then called the consulate just to confirm, and they said something to the effect that she should still get a visa from here before she goes. Contradictory, I'm serious, it's a shame how our diplomatic missions abroad are so inefficient, and dont even care about the welfare of egyptians abroad, they dont even care about their own people, look at what happened to the Ambassador in Iraq!!!
Ok guys, we're trying to plan out our 2 week trip. HOw do you people feel about taking my friends to luxor in aswan, is it going to be to hot? Should we skip luxor and stick to the red sea, cairo and alexandria? I want to take them to the north coast to show them how Egyptians spend their summer... not sure they'll enjoy that though...but if anyone has an idea what Luxor and aswan would be like let me know. Because they want to go there first and then take transport means to Hurghada and then Sharm, i dont know if such transport exists...thanks everyone for your help...

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the first time I came to Egypt. I was in the States and going to the UK on transit to Cairo. I was advised by the Egyptian Embassy in DC that I should get my visa for Egypt before I arrived, as the visa desk may not be open at the airport in Cairo! And that as I was a UK citizen I should get it in London as it would be cheaper for me to get it from there than in the States. As there wasn’t enough time while I was in the UK to get the visa from London, I got it in DC only to find when I arrived there would have been no problem at the airport as its open all the time
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khalid_2002
Member # 1709

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for khalid_2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NOxReducer:
What group are you talking about man? Ma3lem it is people like you we'll be avoiding...haga teksef...

people like me !!!! i'm not that kind in ur mind,

anyway thanx for ur nice reply and hope to have a lot of fun here..

btw, the brazillian belly dancer in sheraton cairo "Soraya" is my friend , another brazillian girl "Tamara Hanna" dunno if she is famous in brazil or not but i think she is famous, interduce her to me once.. beside i know a brazillian guy live in zamalek..
beside many other friends from brzil will come to visit me in august and in january 2006.. if u didn't beleive i can give u their e-mails to ask them !!

beside, if u visit www.orkut.com, and looking for a member called "Khalid_eg" u'll find that i have many friends from brazil there, beside i had a community about Brazillian who like Egypt.. and i did that more than 2 years ago before u put u post..
btw, i dun like that kind of egy guyz as well, and if i knew that u r egyptian at 1st, i won't send in ur post..

begad, 7aga teksef.. any uneducated and low standred guyz know some pretty foregien girls think that he is a king of them !!!!!

thanx anyway..
bye

[This message has been edited by khalid_2002 (edited 10 July 2005).]

Posts: 310 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guitar
Member # 8304

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for guitar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello diana may i get know you my name is hany from egypt and like to get know you . if you want send me please .
Posts: 9 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
What are you talking about mate? We're all a bunch of ugly and poor PhD students....
Peace

quote:
Originally posted by khalid_2002:
people like me !!!! i'm not that kind in ur mind,

anyway thanx for ur nice reply and hope to have a lot of fun here..

btw, the brazillian belly dancer in sheraton cairo "Soraya" is my friend , another brazillian girl "Tamara Hanna" dunno if she is famous in brazil or not but i think she is famous, interduce her to me once.. beside i know a brazillian guy live in zamalek..
beside many other friends from brzil will come to visit me in august and in january 2006.. if u didn't beleive i can give u their e-mails to ask them !!

beside, if u visit www.orkut.com, and looking for a member called "Khalid_eg" u'll find that i have many friends from brazil there, beside i had a community about Brazillian who like Egypt.. and i did that more than 2 years ago before u put u post..
btw, i dun like that kind of egy guyz as well, and if i knew that u r egyptian at 1st, i won't send in ur post..

begad, 7aga teksef.. any uneducated and low standred guyz know some pretty foregien girls think that he is a king of them !!!!!

thanx anyway..
bye

[This message has been edited by khalid_2002 (edited 10 July 2005).]

khalid_2002
Member # 1709

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by NOxReducer:
What are you talking about mate? We're all a bunch of ugly and poor PhD students....
Peace

I'm sorry, i just wanna explain that i'm notthat kind of egy guyz that u think about !!

have a lot of fun and enjoy ur time here in Egypt

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com