EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Things to do with kids in Hurghada?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Things to do with kids in Hurghada?
lekkeri
Member # 8267

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lekkeri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming to Hurghada for 2 weeks in November with kids aged 2 and 4. Will stay in Triton Empire Beach resort.

I would like to get hints what to do with kids in Hurghada. Are there any zoos or aquarium, nice playgrounds, possibility to ride camel???

And I would like to get comments about Triton Empire Beach resort -hotel.

Are there some dangers to be aware of when travelling in Hurghada with children?

Posts: 1 | From: Finland | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puppy
Member # 6116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is not much playgrounds for kids..good hotels have their own..but not any public places..
I know the other part of empire hotel,and it is not nice..but maybe this one,what is beside the beach is better..
With the kids,be careful with pool water and tape water..it can make stomach problems. And food also..About half of my guest,who visited here,got litle stomach problems..and few of them bad one..
By the way,are u Finnish? u can send me an email, sekasuhde@yahoo.com
I'm living in hurghada..

Posts: 263 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi, I just returned back with my children (ages 6, 5 and 2) from our vacation in Hurghada.

Well, we were mostly busy in the mornings at the beach and went in the afternoons swimming at the pool. You might want to take a boat trip with your family.

Our son went camel riding at Jasmine Village which also has a nice playground and features a little pet zoo.

I don't have a clue where your hotel is located but try to avoid microbusses as transportation. Find a friendly and non-greedy taxicab driver who takes you all around to different places.

Our kids have every year a tough time to eat the hotel food so you will find Mac Donalds on Sheraton Road in Downtown and also Mac D. close to the Sindbad Resort. Nearby is a Pizza Hut restaurant located which is connected to a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant and a Baskin Robin's Icecream place. Well, thats where we we spent much time.

Chips and other snacks you will find in many stores throughout the city or in stores located within the hotel area which will charge much more, be aware. All of you please drink only bottled water and wash fruits very well.

Well I wish you a great vacation on the Red Sea and please try to get in contact with ES member "puppy" who is Finnish and lives in Hurghada. I am sure she'd be very happy to meet you all.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, puppy, how are you? Guess you were faster than me...
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a small aquarium very near to your hotel... it's ok to pass an hour or so!!
Hurghada is a very safe place for children...Egyptians love children!!
Camel rides.. there are many camel rides in hotels... not expensive either!!
Jeep safaris are fun too.. a half-day trip into the desert, a visit to a bedouin camp and a camel ride might be a fun trip.. But I wouldn't go on the quad bike safari with small children.. a bit too scarey! jeeps are bumpy but fun..maybe too bumpy for a 2 year old! Probably cheaper to book in town yourself rather than through your travel rep!!
Also.... favourite for children.... Beach beach beach!!! BUT.. MIND THE SUN!!!
Your hotel is at the North end of Hurghada, in an area called Dahar.. 2 bus rides away from the town centre.

Have a lovely stay!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HAPPY_COUPLE
Member # 8235

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for HAPPY_COUPLE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Find a friendly and non-greedy taxicab driver who takes you all around to different places.

lol @ Honest taxicab Driver
HuG a Bus Dude
-------------------
Our kids have every year a tough time to eat the hotel food so you will find Mac Donalds on Sheraton Road in Downtown and also Mac D. close to the Sindbad Resort. Nearby is a Pizza Hut restaurant located which is connected to a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant and a Baskin Robin's Icecream place. Well, thats where we we spent much time.

--the Way to an European Person Comes througt His Stomach ( and His Black Desires As Well )---

All of you please drink only bottled water and wash fruits very well.

i Just Wonder Where Do u Come From Mrs Fancy?
Don't Forget about Gloves
live On Ground Dude ....

ya all Stink

a Message From a Bored Egyptian Guy

Posts: 33 | From: RUSSIA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HAPPY_COUPLE
Member # 8235

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HAPPY_COUPLE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
la la la ---- Candel LiGht -- Dinner --- Romance --- Bed --- la la la
i Got Bored From ya'al ...

Egypt Rules
u Stupid u Think We are 10 th Class Citizens..
u Stand Behind our Ignorance .. SomeDay When i invade ur Homeland i Will Set u Free ...
Bye For Now Dude

Posts: 33 | From: RUSSIA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wardar
Member # 8221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wardar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lekkeri, the aquarium is right next to your hotel, its ok to pass an hour or so as samia said.For the eldest buy a little book with fish in available from all supermarkets there and play spot the fish, ive done that many times with my kids I havnt stayed at the triton but it looks ok,and it has its own priavte beach which is nice they also have entertainment at the oasis coffee shop which is part of it though it doesnt usually start until about 10pm.

Do the glass boat trip, 1 and half hours for about 25LE and you can do that from the beach there (kids free), some of the fish you see are beautiful.

Also titanic water park is fantastic for kids and adults alike, its about 100LE and free for kids under 6. You can book it from hotel or go alone, taxi costing no more than 20LE from triton hotel.(make sure you agree on price before getting in )
As for a camel ride, as you come out of hotel and cross the road and walk about 50 yards, there is always a camel outside the italian resturant opposite 3 corners hotel (part of triton i beleive), though i dont know how much it costs, but make sure you haggle for a good price!!!
Hope this helps and you have a great time........i wanna come toooooooo

Posts: 60 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puppy
Member # 6116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigerlily
Good information girls...
Wardar, did u try the waterpark? it was good? when my brother come with his 5years old son,i will take them to there..
and to safari..

there is aquarium also in elgouna,25km from hurgahada. it is more expencive 35egp from adults, i think the other one takes just 5egp..

here is also submarine..what is made in finland
it is expencive..about 35euro from adults..
but it was fun..

Posts: 263 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wardar
Member # 8221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wardar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi puppy , yes we went to the water park, it really was a great day, plenty to do for a 5 year old, there is a little water park there mainly for the under 5's. Some of the rides your nephew will be too little to go on alone but you sure will have fun there, i would recommend it to anyone.

word of advice though, take a packed lunch because the food is so expensive, 35LE just for a burger and 10LE for a coffee, i did think i was in UK with those prices

Posts: 60 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fantastic day out is to Mahmaya Island. Peace, tranquility with the most amazing snorkelling. Included in the price is your boat trip out, another trip before lunch to snorkel in the sea, lunch. Drinks are extra but quite reasonable.

Can't praise it enough for a chill-out day. Went yesterday and saw some amazing fish. The water was like sinking into a bath. Food very good and one of the best cappucinos I have had.

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Semsema:
A fantastic day out is to Mahmaya Island. Peace, tranquility with the most amazing snorkelling. Included in the price is your boat trip out, another trip before lunch to snorkel in the sea, lunch. Drinks are extra but quite reasonable.

Ya sem.. when you went it was on a freebie!!
Normally it's 50 euros a person... bloody expensive way to look at sand!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com