EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » About to take the plunge but I'd like some help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: About to take the plunge but I'd like some help
kifaru
Member # 4698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kifaru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I am about to propose to my girlfriend who is from near Aswan and I want to do it in arabic . I've composed a little song but because my arabic is poor I need a little help with the lyrics. How do I say
"Do you love me?" and
"Will you marry me?"
I'm pretty sure its in the bag since I've met her relatives but I want to be sure that I say it correctly in arabic.

I'd really appreciate the help. I'll post the complete lyrics when I'm done.

Thanks for any help.

Posts: 167 | From: usa | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kifaru:
Hey, I am about to propose to my girlfriend who is from near Aswan and I want to do it in arabic . I've composed a little song but because my arabic is poor I need a little help with the lyrics. How do I say
"Do you love me?" and
"Will you marry me?"
I'm pretty sure its in the bag since I've met her relatives but I want to be sure that I say it correctly in arabic.

I'd really appreciate the help. I'll post the complete lyrics when I'm done.

Thanks for any help.

do you love me: bet7ebeeny?
will you marry me? tetgawezeeny?

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwww....... sweet!!!!! best of luck kifaru!!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kifaru
Member # 4698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kifaru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for being so dens but what letter does the "7" represent. BTW is that supposed to be pronounced like ta-ta- za-wa-gee- nee?
The msdar is z-w-g right. Thanks 7aya I jus really want to get it right. Her English is much better than my arabic but I seem to be better at picking up on words she mispronounces in English than she is at picking up on words I mispronounce in Arabic.
Shukran Habibi

Posts: 167 | From: usa | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com