EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Taxi fare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Taxi fare
lacalif
Member # 8463

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for lacalif     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone advise of a reasonable taxi fare for the following:
* Cairo airport to Cairo train depot (Ramses)
* Luxor train depot to central Luxor
* Sharm airport to central Sharm

I am just curious what Taxi rides may cost.
Many thanks and Happy Travels!

Posts: 21 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lacalif:
Can anyone advise of a reasonable taxi fare for the following:
* Luxor train depot to central Luxor
* Sharm airport to central Sharm

I am just curious what Taxi rides may cost.
Many thanks and Happy Travels!

In Cairo, my Egyptian fiance gave between 10 - 20 pounds per cab ride. His father, who lives in Cairo, said this was way too much. More like 2 - 10 pounds. Maybe both are cheap, I don't know. :-) But the cabdrivers often try to get a lot of money out of you as soon as they know you are foreign.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharm to Naama bay is LE 30. To the bus station about LE 40. When you walk over to the taxis they will try and put your cases in before agreeing a price, don't let them otherwise it is hard to walk off to another taxi. Thay can start asking as high as LE200 but take some good advice and just say you are going to have a word with the policeman over there ( loads about just now)as you know this is not the right price. Watch how fast the price comes down then!

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lacalif:

30 LE would be the average price.

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 27 July 2005).]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com