EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Hotel Union - Alexandria

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hotel Union - Alexandria
lacalif
Member # 8463

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for lacalif     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know how I may contact the Hotel Union in Alexandria? Does anyone have any comments/feedback on the hotel? Is it convenient to most "tourist" locations?
Regards.

Posts: 21 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I did not like the atmosphere at Union overly much from our contact with them, maybe were overbooked or something and tired. They are also maybe a too obvious first choice people make based on travel book info.

But my personal list of preferences is here: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/002545.html

some photos incl of hotels, apartments etc are here: www.album.ee/kaamerasilm

phones are here http://www.egypttourism.org/New%20Site/frm_diving.htm
Tel.
Fax

Enjoy!

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know how I may contact the Hotel Union in Alexandria? Does anyone have any comments/feedback on the hotel? Is it convenient to most "tourist" locations?
Regards.
alslam alikom wa rahmatu ALLAH wa brakatuh this is our way to say HI in Egypt
and you are welcome to my lovely city ALEXANDRIA the mother of all 44 Alexandrias in all over the world
actually i used guiding tourists from hotel Union and Crillon hotel both beside each others and the same style and actually i heard no one from my groups complain
from the window of the hotel you going to see a lovely panorama for the sea and Eastern oldmarin harbor of Alexandria and the fort of Alex may you like to e mail me so i can sending for you pic for the location of where the union hotel in
and you are welcome

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptourguide:
alslam alikom wa rahmatu ALLAH wa brakatuh this is our way to say HI in Egypt

LOL ...

Regarding the Union - I stayed there for a couple of nights about five years ago so my information might be outdated but I didn't like it much. Yes, it's conveniently located at the corniche but so are dozens of other hotels. It wasn't particularly clean and I didn't like the atmosphere much, but it might have changed in the meantime.

The last time I went to Alex I stayed in a lovely old, renovated hotel - also at the corniche - overlooking a beautiful square with beautiful clean rooms and a very friendly service, it was a bit more expensive then the Union but definitely worth the money.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kamal211:
I like your pictures!

I saw an apartment that you mentioned cost 115.000LE in a place callled Afasura?????

Where in Alexandria is that?

No I believe it was called Anfushi though I am not sure but in any case when we found it we were not very far from Corniche walking from the Fort Qait Bay towards Ras El Tin but via the quarters around Abo el Abas Mosque. I believe it may have been on the street that passes in the front of the mosque, but we never found time to return so is very hazy memory by now. Info was from the bowab. It looked very nice from the outside and I personally would not mind the relatively poor surroundings, i LOVE a touch of reality. At least there is historic sharm and certain delapidated class in these areas that you never find in places like Miami or Maamoura etc.

Dalia, I bet you stayed in Cecil!!!??? or where?
I was asking for the Cecil hotel for 20 days in row just because was passing Saad Zaghloul all time and could not understand where it is hidden, until I realised I was sitting looking AT it, they just have "chained" it and is now called... Sofitel?, Novotel? or any of those that seem to lack any distinction (which the Cecil itself I hope has retained).

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lacalif
Member # 8463

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for lacalif     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding the Union - but I didn't like it much....It wasn't particularly clean

Can anyone recommend a budget/mid-priced hotel in Alexandria? I don't care about "atmosphere", but it must be CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! Thanks

Posts: 21 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lacalif:
Regarding the Union - but I didn't like it much....It wasn't particularly clean

Can anyone recommend a budget/mid-priced hotel in Alexandria? I don't care about "atmosphere", but it must be CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! Thanks

so if every one here did not like the Union hotel one
what a bout CRILLON hotel about 158 LE for double room at night,and holiday 2 stars in Manshia square
and (new cabri) hotel about 50 Le for night

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Well, Kouta was cleaner than my ***** star hotel in Sharm. If you want no germs, why not travel to Sweden instead? Stay at Radisson SAS or similar. I'm sure even germs INSIDE you will die, of boredom.

Crillon... also not bad but I did not see rooms have own bathroom and public bathrooms simply never stay clean do they? Also Crillon is a bit low (2nd or 3rd floor if remember correctly) over Corniche.

From my list, try Kouta or also Holiday Hotel at Orabi. You can also always clean yourself. Cloth and suitable chemicals are all available in the nearby shopping district but DO take rubber gloves, on some reason they are both a deficit and overpriced in Egypt.

egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member

Crillon at the 4th,5th and 6th floor

[This message has been edited by egyptourguide (edited 03 August 2005).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com