EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Hello Sharm!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello Sharm!
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is it going!!???? Am planning to come over, how's the temperature, breathable??? Worse than June or relieving already? How're the shopkeepers in Old Market, have there been any collections or anything for the benefit of those who suffered?
Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it will be much hotter than june. august is egypt's hottest month, and thats all over egypt from alex to sharm
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I hoped maybe July is hottest.

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes much much hotter than June and no respite in the evening, the heat of the day gets trapped in the buildings making it feel like you are sitting next to an open oven.
It is not until Mid to late September than there is some respite. Last few days wind was off the desert...it is too much.

As for the shopkeepers, all are very subdued in fact you can walk around with hardly any hassle. Unheard of in Sharm before.
Rebuilding work is progressing at a fast speed. The mentality seems to be get is all rebuilt and back to normal and hope people will forget what happened.

There do seem to be some extra security measures planned in the form of drive through X ray machines for cars, but with poor security at the airport and the whole place open to the desert I don't think it will ever be possible to make Sharm 100% safe.

I would just like to add the Egyptian authorities have completely falsified the numbers killed in an attempt to play down the severity of what happened. Tourists are still missing an unaccounted for, the numbers killed are in the hundreds and not what has been reported by the police.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Thanks Penny, well I guees I just have to face it now. The positive side is, that will sure lose some kilos because lose appetite in heat.

Yes, my country is considerably safer of course but this just due to the fact that it is basically locked for anyone arriving from east or south. Which also does not seem like viable solution in the long run, though I've heard that Swiss watches are so goos as they are exaclty because the people in this also small country have for so long married just between themselves that their minds have degraded into the state where peaceful sitting at a table putting some small details into palces where you are instructed to put them, is a very suitable occupation.
(If is not true then must be simple envy, but anyway, you get the point)

Desert.... indeed. Maybe we need cooperation from camels then, because on the other hand the explosive components are a rather heavy material, you do not carry them on your back or maybe you do if are fanatic. In any case if we have GPS system sin the world where you can steer or find an exploration machine from a satellite, it should not be so difficult to organise a sattellite guardline. Again, must take measures to differentiate between people and camels though the latter maybe don't roam around on own errands probably.

Whatever info is given, don't know if true or not, but from the propagandistic viewpoint I think to avoid panic is almost more important than tell the truth. One can start telling the truth after one has first raised these people who can accept truth, and we can observe based on ES here what the rate of such people is yet. Unless you are a security analytic then what was does not in any way (or very little) help predict what will happen next.

Of course, would be so much easier for security people work if noone came to Sharm. In times like this I guess any added person is an added problem but what can you do? Still, there must be solutions. Like e.g. why not close Sinai for muslims and operate is just as Egypt's cash-cow, letting your copts or other non-fundamentalist non-aggressive people from Egypt or other countries perform all work and hospitality?? You can still pocket all profit and even share it with muslims in mainland Egypt! Would be kind of reverse process to what happened when the Western gigants like British Oil etc went "in" historically and milked and milked...

though of course, then they might start using the "white trash" and still achieve what they wish, human mind is just so creative, it's a pity a lot of this creativity gets just blown into the skies.

nevermind
Member # 6674

Must correct myself -copts are probably equally fundamentalist?, they just do not seem be equally aggressive, this far.
nevermind
Member # 6674

Proceeding from my own thought, since animals seem to be so much more sensitive and instincts are less dulled, it should be possible to develop the kind of species (camels, dog etc) who are just extraordinarily sensitive to aggressive pulse rate or even well contained aggression (a bit like average domestic gas balloon) or of course indeed maybe make a temporary compromise between dogs' attention to opium, that is usually only used for personal and not mass decay, versus dogs' attention to even more dangerous substances. Many solutions but i think until everyone is usually tied up with the historic proceedings of the latest event, no one has time or resources to deal with the future, and with prevention., Or maybe somewhere but we havent heard from them yet, no good general guidelines, so it is the same in practical outcome.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com