EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Ashkar

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ashkar
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just looked at your business website and your place is beautiful! Makes me want to go to Luxor. How far is it from Cairo, and is it better to fly or drive?

If/when inshallah, I can get my fiance to ever take a real vacation, maybe I can get him to go to Luxor. I was so happy to meet someone who travels a lot, but he apparently only travels to Egypt. I tried to run a vacation to India past him, and that didn't go over too well. So I'll start *in country* first.

Susan

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol at the spelling of my name

Luxor is about 9/10 hours by train and 50 minutes by plane. If you can afford it I would fly. The train is ok but I never sleep on it and the toilets can be a bit iffy and 10 hours is a looooonnnngggggg time with an iffy loo.

Cairo and Luxor are worlds apart and even within Luxor West and East Bank are totally different. I wrote this feature article for Tour Egypt you might find interesting http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/myluxor.htm and if you search the archives you can find loads of other articles I have writen on Luxor, both from a historical point of view and culturally.

I also keep a blog http://touregypt.net/TEBlog/luxornews/ which talks about aspects of Luxor I think might be of interest

Thanks for the compliment on the website

Jane Akshar - UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
lol at the spelling of my name

Luxor is about 9/10 hours by train and 50 minutes by plane. If you can afford it I would fly. The train is ok but I never sleep on it and the toilets can be a bit iffy and 10 hours is a looooonnnngggggg time with an iffy loo.

Cairo and Luxor are worlds apart and even within Luxor West and East Bank are totally different. I wrote this feature article for Tour Egypt you might find interesting http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/myluxor.htm and if you search the archives you can find loads of other articles I have writen on Luxor, both from a historical point of view and culturally.

I also keep a blog http://touregypt.net/TEBlog/luxornews/ which talks about aspects of Luxor I think might be of interest

Thanks for the compliment on the website

Jane Akshar - UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk

I'm sorry about your name! My dyslexia rears its ugly head. But thanks for the info!

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
I'm sorry about your name! My dyslexia rears its ugly head. But thanks for the info!

It is a very common mistake, I get it all the time, my fault for having an Arabic surname

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com