EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » winter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: winter
bird
Member # 8784

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell me when winter would start in Egypt and when would the time change?
Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bird:
Can anyone tell me when winter would start in Egypt and when would the time change?

Time changes last Friday in september, I think...
Winter is sunny but there can be a cold wind!!!
But.... every day the sun shines!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi bird!

It usually starts getting cold around the end of November and then lasts until the end of February. By March it starts getting warmer. The sun may always shine where Samia lives, lucky thing, but here in Cairo it can get cold enough for hailstones sometimes. So if you are planning to come in the winter, you will need to pack warm clothes if you're coming to Cairo.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can wear a t-shirt comfortably till mid-october, sometimes till the end of it. It gets chilly around november, and harsh winter only starts around december-when u do need jackets&woolly sweaters. So as samia said, enjoy the sun for now!
Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Hi bird!

It usually starts getting cold around the end of November and then lasts until the end of February. By March it starts getting warmer. The sun may always shine where Samia lives, lucky thing, but here in Cairo it can get cold enough for hailstones sometimes. So if you are planning to come in the winter, you will need to pack warm clothes if you're coming to Cairo.

Hailstones??? really???? I think I'll stick to Hurghada!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep! Twice last year!
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and the buildings have terrible insulation here so the houses get much colder inside (than in europe for example in even colder temps) and requires you to keep the heat on most of the time.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com