EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » 6th October City

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 6th October City
Damarti
Member # 8865

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Damarti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I am getting married in January to an Egyptian, and therefore need to buy a house in Cairo or nearby.

I have heard good reports about 6th October City on the way to Alexandria, does anyone on here live there, and can tell me what it is ACTUALLY like??

Many Thanks

Sven

Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrlove
Member # 5530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tell me what do you want to know about this city
i worked there for a while & i know much about it
waiting for your reply

Posts: 14 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mrlove:
waiting for your reply

Hi there
I'll be relocating to Cairo next month & I am currently looking at housing options in 6th of October. As I'll be working in Maadi I just wanted to know how long it would take to drive from 6th of October to Maadi?
Cheers
Ann

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mrlove:
waiting for your reply

Hi there
I'll be relocating to Cairo next month & I am currently looking at housing options in 6th of October. As I'll be working in Maadi I wanted to know how long it would take to drive from 6th of October to Maadi? Also, are there shopping facilities in 6th of October eg. supermarkets/groceries, pharmcacies etc?
Cheers
Ann

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmeds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
6oct city is cool , but it's very far from the capital (cairo)...

Posts: 295 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By bus or taxi its about 50 minutes or so. When I was in Cairo last year, they were really building out there. It is close to Media City? There was a community about 10 minutes, that has the shopping. They also had really nice houses. Not sure what 6 October looks like now.
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GrumpyGherkin
Member # 4970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GrumpyGherkin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anne don't even think about it !

If you are going to be working in Maadi, it is best to live in or near Maadi. The drive in Cairo traffic between 6th of October and Maadi is long and will drive you nuts.

I also find 6th of October to be very isolated and ugly.

I don't want to put you off the idea, just my opinion.

Best of luck to you.

[This message has been edited by GrumpyGherkin (edited 29 October 2005).]

Posts: 84 | From: Gherkin Land | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out.

Personally I am not very keen on living in Maadi & I think that real estate prices in Maadi are way over-stated due to the high incidence of expatriates living there.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com