EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Resolving Valerie’s misunderstanding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Resolving Valerie’s misunderstanding
dwgendy
Member # 8693

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for dwgendy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Mrs Varelrie,
I am writing this because I would like to resolve this misunderstanding and clarify this problem you have with me. You have claimed in several threads before that you made contact with me inquiring about my apartment posted for rent and that I asked you for 600$ because you are western although I was posting the apartment at that time for 350$ only, and the rent was specified in my post. Non of my previouse arguments and replies managed to convince you that this must be a misunderstanding and that you must be mistaking me for someone els. So, after your last comment in which you mentioned that I asked your HUSBAND and not you directly for the 600$, I went through all the mails that I received and sent (I keep them all in a separate folder in my Email) and non of them matched the criteria of a man and his wife looking for a place to rent. All of a sudden I remembered….
Is you husband an Egyptian man called Nasir? I was contacted by an Egyptian man who said he had a western wife that will come and visit him for 2 months, and that she saw my add on the internet and asked him to contact me. We arranged for him to see the apartment several times but he always failed to show up, after failing to show up in several appointments, finally he managed to come and see the apartment and expressed that he liked it and that he want it. Unfortunately by this time I had made a deal for one-month rent with a Danish person, I told Mr. Nasir that the apartment will only be available on Oct 20th, and he said he will contact his wife and try to persuade her to postpone her arrival till the apartment is available again. 2 days later I contacted him and told him that the Danish person has canceled his trip to Egypt and that he can have the apartment if he is till interested. He said he has to Email his wife first, so that she would call him back and then confirm a date of arrival then call me. He called again few days later and said his wife will arrive Oct the 2nd and that he wants to make sure that satellite will be available in the apartment because his wife needs entertainment while being at home. I accepted and we made a deal over the phone. The amount of money I asked him form the very beginning when he first saw the apartment was 350$/month exactly. I never heard from him again, he never answered his mobile when I called him and never showed up. His mobile number is: +2 0124431477
To conclude my story, if this is the husband you are referring to as the one I asked for 600$, then you should really recheck with him, it either you misunderstood him, or he meant the whole 2 months (volunteering to pay 100$ for his wife) or just simply trying to make some money on the side. I know that most probably this is not you and your husband in this story anyway, and I am really sure that even if it is, it will be impossible for you to believe a complete stranger like me. But I just wanted to assure you that I did not and cannot ask for more than what I state in my post. I would just have no argument to do so.

Thank you and I hope I did not offend you by any means. After all, as I said before, this is just a big misunderstanding.

Sincerely.

[This message has been edited by dwgendy (edited 12 October 2005).]

Posts: 134 | From: Maadi, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com