EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Hotels in Cairo and Alexandria

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hotels in Cairo and Alexandria
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you all help me find some hotels in both Cairo and Alex. that are a clean place to lay my head, take a hot bath, and have heat so I can stay warm? I am trying to avoid paying for more ammenities than I need. I am really not into paying for a 5 star place, unless it is a really good deal. I need to know prices and locations. I would prefer places with a website so I can check them out and make reservations, but it is not necessary. No price range either, but the cheaper the better, I do NOT want to stay in somewhere dirty and disgusting though. Thank you!
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FairyDust:
Can you all help me find some hotels in both Cairo and Alex. that are a clean place to lay my head, take a hot bath, and have heat so I can stay warm? I am trying to avoid paying for more ammenities than I need. I am really not into paying for a 5 star place, unless it is a really good deal. I need to know prices and locations. I would prefer places with a website so I can check them out and make reservations, but it is not necessary. No price range either, but the cheaper the better, I do NOT want to stay in somewhere dirty and disgusting though. Thank you!

I've stayed in Concorde Dokki, 146 El Tahrir Street a couple of times - its 3stars, basic,no swimming pool!, but clean (and take a universal sink plug if you plan to do washing in the sink!), airconditioning works, and the staff are friendly and helpful enough. Very solicitous of my welfare (single english woman).

Its pretty cheap, if you book it via www.bargainholidays.com (and choose the Hotels tab) you can get it for something like £17 (english) ($22-$25) a night B&B.

Its not that far from the centre, about 5 mins walk to Dokki metro which is only 2 stops from Sadat (ACU, Egyptian Museum, Ramses Hilton, etc etc). (or you can walk to the centre in about 20-25 mins if you prefer).

There's an internet cafe near the Dokki metro over the Academic Bookshop and various places to buy nibbles. Its very safe to walk about, I never felt remotely threatened or anything.

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used this link here:

http://www.trav.com/countries/hotels/egypt.html

I stayed at Garden City House which is exactly between Tahrir Square and Nile, flanked on one side by Nile Hilton and on the other by Semiramis Intercontinental. In September. US Embassy almost across the street for those who are interested. 10 USD for single room, I will definitely stay there again.

I also booked via the website, paid 4 USD or something with VISA but if you prefer not then simply contact the hotel, at this time now maybe booking is not even so important or you can agree about your arrrival simply by e-mail or something.

My recommendations for Alexandria and link to some pics on hotels in Egypt are here
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002545#000000

Enjoy!

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thistle
Member # 6024

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thistle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out Nileview, a bed and breakfast just outside Maadi on the Corniche, great views of the Nile and pyramids, reasonable prices and very, very clean. Check out the website at www.nileview.com
Posts: 27 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thistle:
Check out Nileview, a bed and breakfast just outside Maadi on the Corniche, great views of the Nile and pyramids, reasonable prices and very, very clean. Check out the website at www.nileview.com

This is a lovely B&B with great views of the Nile! I've tried it out last September & strongly recommend it!
Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com