EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » French guy want to find a waiter job in Sharm El Sheikh

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: French guy want to find a waiter job in Sharm El Sheikh
roberthamoun
Member # 9647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for roberthamoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, Folks,
I'm a French and really like Egypt culture. I'm also a muslim too.. I want to find a waiter or bartender job in the 4* or 5* hotel in Sharm El Sheikh. Is it easy for me if I still in France? I dont mind working in Cairo too. Just if I have the priority, I will like to work in Sharm first.

I have tried a lot of website which can apply for the job but can't really get the positive response. Is anyone know any other way to find a job there. Thank you very much for your helping.

Really eager to go to Egypt...

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 0 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 5 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're annoucing that you're a Muslim and then you say you're looking for a bartender job serving alcohol?!!!! [Mad]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roberthamoun
Member # 9647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for roberthamoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually, i dont drink alcohol at all after i become a muslin. Just it's so hard to find a waiter job so I think i have no choice to put bartender again in my list. I'm eager to stay in a muslim country. If I can find the waiter job in the hotel, it will be the best.. but ..I dont know why its so difficult to find it..
Posts: 5 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you would find that jobhunting might be easier when you are already in Egypt. Perhaps you can plan a visit & contact the major hotels in person to check out job opportunities.
Bonne chance

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by roberthamoun:
actually, i dont drink alcohol at all after i become a muslin. Just it's so hard to find a waiter job so I think i have no choice to put bartender again in my list. I'm eager to stay in a muslim country. If I can find the waiter job in the hotel, it will be the best.. but ..I dont know why its so difficult to find it..

Assalamu alaykum roberthamoun!

Apologies for coming on so strong at first, but perhaps you haven't seen this Hadith before:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik, "Allah's Messenger cursed ten people in connection with wine: the wine-presser, the one who has it pressed, the one who drinks it, the one who conveys it, the one to whom it is conveyed, the one who serves it, the one who sells it, the one who benefits from the price paid for it, the one who buys it, and the one for whom it is bought.
Al-Tirmidhi #2776, and Ibn Majah also transmitted it. And from what I can discover, it is a sound (sahih) Hadith.

Sadly, many people overlook this Hadith, or try to ignore it, but basically if something is forbidden for us as Muslims to do, we should not be supporting other people to do it anyway.

Good luck in finding an acceptable job here in Egypt.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and yet cigarettes are perfectly ok because there's no hadith for that
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Hi ExpatinCAI!

Cigarettes were not specifically mentioned in a Hadith as they were not known at the time, but there are now fatwas against cigarette smoking based on particularly on the sources that mention the need to look after our health, particularly now that the dangers of cigarette smoking are well-known and indisputable.

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=110&dgn=4

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi roberthamoun.. first, congratulations for reverting to Islam.... BUT... a waiter job?? Do you realise how little waiters get paid in Egypt??
You will not be able to live on the money you earn, I promise you!! Very nearly all waiters are Egyptian, often living in very bad accommodation, and earning a pittance, working very hard for long hours....and jobs are hard to find!!
Maybe think again of your job choice??

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robert, if you will look at sinaitimes.com now (NOW!!!) then there is an ad right now where they search for this type of positions, and want folks with extensive foreign experience (they ask "list" all countries! [Smile] have no idea how they think people who apply to be waiters in Sharm might have got any foreign experience, be able to write CVs in English! and still want to work as waiters in Sharm... as far as I know hotels here generally take on untrained people from streets for whom Sharm is the most fforeign place outside their home village.
Indeed human resourcemanagement is unexistant here, I think. I sometimes wonder don\t they have slightest knowledge on who the real salespeople in company are - those who interact wit customers daily, of course! here is where emphasis should be not negligence...

Anyway, there are some hidden benefits, like e.g. accommodtion is free, for those who simply wish experience Sharm or Egypt, it is definitely part of salary (just be prepared never to sleep, and die on your feet, if wish see anything after the long work day). Also, tips can be quite good for those who can and wish give good service, up to 500 USD I have heard. Keep giving, folks! (I always do, in way of running my own tiny development aid programme [Smile]

Now look to that website, ads do not stay there forever.

BTW, Robert, if you come, do be careful not to bring any riot baccilae with you from France, OK? Wipe shoes carefully before steping on plane or something [Smile] . Because is nice and peaceful here so far.

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmeds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, i agree with samia too, but listen , u can work in United Arabic Emirates , its good for u ( islamic, and u earn better that egypt ) .

Ahmed

--------------------
if i weren't an egyptian , i would be an egyptian , [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 295 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndreAhmed:
Hey, i agree with samia too, but listen , u can work in United Arabic Emirates , its good for u ( islamic, and u earn better that egypt ) .

Ahmed

BeZZabt.

Try recruiting companies and apply for hotel employee vacancies (the more references the better).

Good luck! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roberthamoun
Member # 9647

Rate Member
Thank you for all of your help. You guys are really friendly.I will do my best and hope I can find the job in Egypt. I really like Egypt and that's why i'm thinking to working there. It's my first priority. But if I can't find one, I will try the other countries in UAE. Thank you again, folks.
lola2000
Member # 1470

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lola2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i want to know why u want a job in sharm el sheikh and u still live in france,
i heard that foreign countries have big chances
for jobs,
by the way i want too to work in sharm in a restaurent or in hotel.

Posts: 84 | From: cairo,egypt | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roberthamoun
Member # 9647

Rate Member
I'm a muslim and want to stay in this kind environment. France is not totally that nice like what people think. If I have a choice, I really want to work in Egypt. ^^
Romeooo
Member # 9692

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Romeooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey robert
comment ca va?...hehe that's all i know in french
anyway i guess u really love ur career as a waiter so stick with it and keep searching and try to contact hotels in sharm or anywhere else u like...and i had worked in sharm and saw few forigner waiters r working there so i am sure u will find this chance

anyway i also wanted to mention something to u and it is only if u r able to choose another career i recomend u to be working as a tour leader for a french travel agency that has a branch here in egypt or even an egyptian travel agency that has french touristic files..this will provide u more more more money than u will have in waiter bussines and also the chance to be going so much places and cities all over egypt and get more contacting with egyptian and muslim and at the same time using and working with ur langauge

in the end i wish u a very good luck and however u want ..only keep on making true and it will be for sure

Salam
Ramy

Posts: 19 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duda
Member # 293

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for duda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robert

I posted a few days ago a post about manager needed for ecolodge resort. Job still available. see the place in www.elhammraeco-lodge.com and if interested post to elhammraecolodge@yahoo.com good luck

Posts: 148 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello my dears. When a person comes to visit Egypt, they dont expect to see French Waiters, they dont quite fit the image somehow. Neither are they going to be paid in Euros. In Sharm the average wage for a waiter is around three hundred Egypt pounds. As you will be seen as a tourist or foreigner, it is unlikely that you will find a flat costing less than one thousand five hundred Egypt pounds, and you are unlikely to get "egypt" prices for anything you buy, including your food.

No foreigner is allowed to work in Egypt unless he has a work permit, and it is extremely unlikely he will get one unless he obtains it from an employer in his country of origin. There are French owned hotels, but if they are Christian, then they will favour Christian employees. One of the reasons for this is the difficulty over Muslims being in the presence of alcohol, particularly during Ramadam. It is theoretically applied that Muslims are banned from all premises serving alcohol during Ramadam, and a hotel is not likely to take the chance that you will not 'try' some of it especially as you are French, and we all know how the French love their wine!

Rather than view you as an asset, most hotels would regard you as a liability. Your job prospects in the hotel industry are virtually nil.

Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lola2000
Member # 1470

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lola2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do u mind to work in cairo,

there are many restaurents want jobs,

nnn_zakaria@yahoo.com

--------------------
lila511977@yahoo.com

Posts: 84 | From: cairo,egypt | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roberthamoun
Member # 9647

Rate Member
Thank you sooo much. You guys really give me good advise. I will try more arabian countries to get any chance. Being a tour guide is a good idea too. I will keep trying. Thanks, Folks [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com