EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » NIKOLAUS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NIKOLAUS
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just wanna say that today in germany is nikolaustag (jour de la St. Nicolas, santa claus day)
the kids clean their boots (yesterday night) and put them infront the door, so they find in the morning THIS MORNING, sweets in it:chocolate, tangerine, nuts, ...
of course in this time they get little presents too like, socks, maybe gloves...or bigger things???

i got nothing [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] !!! egyptian mom [Wink] !!!!

so i wish everyone a happy nikolaus [Smile]

begad, im just bored and wanna write something [Smile]
so excuse if its just nonsense BUT DONT FORGET, for the kids its EVERYTHING !!!!

greets kerry

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kerry,

well I cleaned the boots and I stuffed some sweets into them. Kids were all excited!

I didn't get anything either; actually I did when I went to the bank this morning they give little chocolate "nikolaeuschen" away to each customer.

Have a good day! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merima
Member # 9658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE this time of year in Germany. First, thereīs "Nikolaus", then the four Advent-weekends until Christmas and then of course Christmas itself. Unfortunatelly, we donīt have much snow in this part of Germany, but itīs still a very nice and warm atmosphere everywhere. My family is not Christian, but still I like all these customs so much.

BTW.: I stuffed my siblingsī boots, too. My brother is 20, but he was happy to receive some sweets, money and a small letter from "Santa" :-)

Posts: 173 | From: Germany | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love all magical fun feelings for children in any form..I would love to see a German Christmas with snow. I am over in Egypt with 70 degree weather and no signs of the HOliday. Whah! THis sounds so nice..similar to stocking stuffings for me...I always like to find the little things like the chocolate coins covered, cherry chap stick, funny socks, favorite candies, maybe a gift certificate rolled up in their...fa la la la la
sorry you didn't get any candy ..
What else is unique to German Christmas?

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MisplacedinAlex:
I love all magical fun feelings for children in any form..I would love to see a German Christmas with snow. I am over in Egypt with 70 degree weather and no signs of the HOliday.

We can swap! I'm in Germany at the moment and I really wish I could be in Egypt; I don't like this time of the year at all.
[Frown]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Kerry! I hate the cold, but i love the holidays! I'm always happy to buy gifts for all my friend and family, and i'm thrilled when their faces light up, even they aren't children anymore.
My son was yelling yodlers all over the house, because he finally got from St. Nicholas the leather jacket he was dreaming about. He even slept with that jacket and i could't make him to take it off.
I would love to be in Egypt now, to feel the sun on my face, but unfortunately, this will remain just a dream. I'm stucked here, with this awful weather!

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey here the same [Smile] i really dont like the winter at all im every year in december in cairo and im happy i ll come next week and will let the cold behind me [Smile]

but its nice when the city is full of lights and xmasstuff and the children and all the houses which r decorated...thats really pretty but not my taste, i like it warm, i dont like it when the cold bother me [Smile] but i think if i ll have kids oneday i would love to make them a nice xmas time until than i ll go to cairo year for year !!!

--------------------
~InsHallAh~

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MisplacedinAlex:
I love all magical fun feelings for children in any form..I would love to see a German Christmas with snow. I am over in Egypt with 70 degree weather and no signs of the HOliday. Whah! THis sounds so nice..similar to stocking stuffings for me...I always like to find the little things like the chocolate coins covered, cherry chap stick, funny socks, favorite candies, maybe a gift certificate rolled up in their...fa la la la la
sorry you didn't get any candy ..
What else is unique to German Christmas?

Check out the following website:

http://www.germanculture.com.ua/library/links/christmas.htm

http://www.learn-german-online.net/learning-german-resouces/weihnachten_en.htm

German Christmas is magical....... my favourite time of the year (it only gets topped by a beach holiday in Egypt! [Wink] because I also totally dislike cold weather. )

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bravo Pink lily i like ur opinion [Smile] important is that egypt cant top christmastime [Smile] it wouldnt fit at all last year i was at a friends house it looks like in the states the apartment all was red-white-green a xmastree and it looked so pretty but i felt its wrong in egypt, but im happy that they goin forward to be little stylish too

--------------------
~InsHallAh~

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com