EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Orphans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Orphans
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey ppl,
I am wondering if any of you have any phone numbers or adresses for orphanages in Egypt.
It would mean a lot to me.

with regards,
Sara

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a very good one called 'Sunshine' near Television Street in Luxor. I am sure someone will come up with the e-mail address for you.
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lovely feelings i do courage you for it
in area we call it (AHMED HELMY STATION)many refuges actually might many poor refuge
also try these webs if you know some Arabic or contact me
also in maadi suburb there is refuge of (awlady) meaning my children and other for girls(ebnaty) my dughters
http://www.refuge-egypt.org/refuge_egypt/index.shtml
or e mail me i can go with you for these places
my best wishes

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sara and Soha,sweet and kind as always!
God keep you girls!
Kisses,Didi

--------------------
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also would recommend the work of the Episcopal Church, they are a bone-fida organisation and could do with all the help they can get, particularly in the Sudan. I would avoid privately run charities existing for private agendas. [Smile]
Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MTLEGY
Member # 7200

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MTLEGY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Folks,
I was wondering if I can send some money for any of these orphanage homes to slaughter some Sheep or Calf for the coming Eid.

I would like your feedback about the following:
Niger , this year reached its highest starvation rate, which is apparently the highest ever, so they are in an Urgent Needy situation more than Egyptians, but again, both being orphans, I assume in Egypt these kids have better living conditions that the Niger kids...what do you guys think ?

Appreciate all feedback.
Salam
AL

Posts: 25 | From: Worldwide | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know a couple of orphanages in maadi. I can't remember their names or full addresses, I can only describe their locations.

First one is on the road that crosses nasr street opposite caltex gas station, it's just a few blocks after turning into that road. I gave them meat on a eid a few years ago. It's mainly a building with red window bars.

The other one is in digla, area called old Nirco, where the duty free shop lies. It's a huge place so it's hard to miss. I think it's called Awlady.

Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Christian orphanages do not go in for the slaughtering of sheep for pagan reasons. However, I am sure they would be grateful for the donation without the rest of it.
Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MTLEGY
Member # 7200

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MTLEGY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Focus but it all sounds Chinese to me, as i dont live in Egypt. I will run more searches online to find one of them. Thanks again Charm.

I learned something new today, thanks Doubtfire. An Orphan is an orphan regardless the faith, however, i mentioned "sheep slaughter for Eid El Adha".

God Bless you All

Posts: 25 | From: Worldwide | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoshara
Member # 9794

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoshara         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serendipity and Mtlegy the web site for Sunshine Orphanage in Luxor is www.sunshine-international.org.uk this is a charity registered in England and would be grateful of any donatations you would care to make. They do marvelous work and have unfortunatley lost the founding member Pearl to a serious illness. God Bless You.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there any places in Alexandria?
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MTLEGY
Member # 7200

Member Rated:
Minry, i ll be staying in Alex, will certainly find a couple, will let u know insha Allah.
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks so much.
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janet
Member # 9451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunshine is a well known orphanage in Luxor & does great work. However, I have been introduced to a charity called "The Good Samaritans" which caters for children with special needs. I am visiting there again soon & intend to do voluntary work with them. I will post more info soon, website, address etc. The staff are very committed but resources & expertise are limited. They would welcome any support. They cater for some children & young adults full time but also provide day care for others, supporting the families wherever possible. If you need more info you can PM me.
Thanks Janet.

Posts: 33 | From: Luxor | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Janet:
Sunshine is a well known orphanage in Luxor & does great work. However, I have been introduced to a charity called "The Good Samaritans" which caters for children with special needs. I am visiting there again soon & intend to do voluntary work with them. I will post more info soon, website, address etc. The staff are very committed but resources & expertise are limited. They would welcome any support. They cater for some children & young adults full time but also provide day care for others, supporting the families wherever possible. If you need more info you can PM me.
Thanks Janet.

Can you post whatever information you can for people want to help.
Posts: 637 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in Alexandria there is area we calling it TAHSEEN AL SEHA and it is behind street of Cairo in sidi beshr it is including refuge for children and others for old people
and both needs help also you can offer things more than money like food
there is a new one in Miami street of bekbashi al esawy and it is carrying the name of almawdah wa alrahmah
other one belong to mosque of Ali Ben abi taleb at sidi gaber behind the railway station near from METRO center
and other carrying the name of elhanan at the entrance of the city from smuha
i do welcome be with any one want to go to these places just e mail me regards

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janet
Member # 9451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re the children's home I mentioned earlier...
"Good Samiritans Coptic Orthodox Society" address
Tut ankh amon Street, In font of El Nassera Establishment, Luxor.
Tel 002 095 2357101.
email elsamery_elsaleh@yahoo.com
They are in great need of any help people can offer. Financial, expertise eg medical, educational & consumable resources. disposable nappies, clothes, toys etc.
Thanks, hope someone can help in whatever small way posssible.

Posts: 33 | From: Luxor | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
besiktas
Member # 5446

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for besiktas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is charity commnumity called Resala ,it has many activites fr orphans and supporting poor families and educating people and hanidcapped,blood donations etc. ist number,in cairo are 02-337714, 7442004,07058808 and in alex 03-593077 thier website are www.resala.org and also they have bank account in all branches of bank ahly #01000492589
Posts: 174 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
besiktas
Member # 5446

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for besiktas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also i found another one wgich is hana and kheer orphan which also u can call them and the man will come pick any place with reciet the money fro donations, 02-6716622 and mobile 010-1682490 and also theyier bank account for donations cairo bank 190/501/165684 and also at bank ahly inany branch 01/22406 and i hope u u can reach others orphans too and thank u
Posts: 174 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zohny
Member # 10050

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zohny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know anything about the Zohny Street orphanage in Cairo? I'm having a hard time finding information on it, but I feel obligated to help it somehow given its name.

--------------------
Dip it. Pop it. T'work it. Stop it.

Posts: 38 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com