EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » video camcorders

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: video camcorders
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone know of a current list that shows the prices "video fees" to tape in tomb's temples, and pyrimids?

(for your average tourist)

Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not aware that there is any kind of overall set rate. It is best to ask as the tickets offices when you go in. With regard to some sites, no photographs are allowed and you will see signs up. With regard to the tombs photographs are absolutely forbiden as the flashlights cause damage to the artwork.
Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this thing called night shot on my camcorder...it doesn't use a flash it's infra red..I wonder if they would allow that?

here's a list I found:
http://www.phouka.com/pharaoh/egypt/costs/sites.html

but it doesn't seem too detailed..

it would be nice if they made a list so a traveler could plan ahead, and be prepaired,money wise...

Im going on this trip:

http://www.azadocents.org/egypt.htm

so Im trying to plan ahead to make things go smooth, and not be a bother..

Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoshara
Member # 9794

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoshara         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jarvis you could try the Tour Egypt website at www.touregypt.net they have a list of prices for temples tombs etc and whether you can use your camera. While you are on the site you could read Luxor News which is the blog of an English lady who lets flats out to touirst with her Egyptian husband, she is very knowledgable and usually has all the upto date news as she has some very good contacts. [Smile]
Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much shoshara,I will look into it...
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops, and thank you too Mrs. Doubtfire !

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com