EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » What would a tourist from the USA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What would a tourist from the USA
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
buy in Eygpt, that the tourist might not see sold in the US? or would be unique????

I like the Anubis statues.....

Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The nice pottery Vases that are used for water
Those lovely pearl like/and wood boxes or mirrors
Real Silver EGyptian type things
Partee Paper Tasteful one's
A real Egyptian made and ethnic looking Tunic Top
Smuggle in a doorman, what you all call them
That's the best thing about Egypt!

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My two cents on this topic. What I have tried to arrange for a few trips now:

http://www.folkwear.com/caravan.html

The Gaza Dress and The Egyptian Shirt.

Want it hand-made with either linen or Egyptian cotton.

Always sidetracked by my SIL, but when I manage to relocate I will make sure to have several of each made.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pablowablo
Member # 9129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pablowablo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nothing against the usa but american tourists have to be the most annoying stupidest tourists in the whole world give all americans a bad name
trust me i know i used to deal with them all the time

Posts: 113 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pablowablo:
nothing against the usa but american tourists have to be the most annoying stupidest tourists in the whole world give all americans a bad name

Possibly they are annoying because they haven't colonized your country before.

Possibly you aren't subservient to their presence the same way you would be with Europeans.

Possibly you were never granted a visa to America, any visa.

And possibly it has more to do with the out-right hatred of the current administration and the internationally policy of the white house which has existed for 4 decades and was forged from the NATO Peace Treaty. Ever heard of the expression "Stay the course", we got it from them.

Which by the way all of the above has nothing to do with American tourists but our government.

Its easier to blame the citizens than the government. Same type of hysteria in Germany the earlier half of this century and also the same type of hysteria during the Crusades.

Its like Americans hating Iranians and Russians for what their perspective governments do.

Doesn't make sense.

And somehow after seeing so many tourists move through my city the worst of all tourists has to be the Europeans. Somehow the Arabs are here more frequently and have a splendid time. But they aren't as cheap as the Europeans. And they have better manners.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We might be stupid .. but YOU pablo love our money!
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am egyptian guy and i love and respect America and americans alot , I dont see them neither stupid nor annoying.

From what i saw in America during my past visits, most of them were so friendly , understanding and open minded and they were really nice , i wonder why would you say that about americans , have you been to the states before!!! how come you judge a whole country with 233 million people without even visiting it !!

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian-guy:
I am egyptian guy and i love and respect America and americans alot , I dont see them neither stupid nor annoying.

From what i saw in America during my past visits, most of them were so friendly , understanding and open minded and they were really nice , i wonder why would you say that about americans , have you been to the states before!!! how come you judge a whole country with 233 million people without even visiting it !!

Thank You Egyptian-guy.
Too many people do judge us by our government and
media when many of us don't agree with what it is they are doing (both gov't & media.) We are all humans and I feel the majority of Americans are
kind & friendly to foriegners that not only visit
but also live here.
I know I respect Egypt and the people there. As well as the religion.
I think most people that find Americans stupid and ignorant don't even know any personally. And certainly have no American friends. The Americans
I know would give you their last dime if it meant helping someone else.

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been to US loads of times different places. There are good and bad everywhere. My own impression? forgetting the politics, just the average Joe.
Very opinionated, rude, very very LOUD!!!
Must be heard above everyone else in the room. This forum and Jerry Springer, Ricky Lake, type shows, say a lot about the general population. There are a few posters here who are on the other hand very intelligent, and resourceful, but if you scan the posts you will see just what I mean. Sorry to offend the good guys, but the others!! for god's sake shut your mouths and do some listening for a change please. The whole world cant be wrong in this respect can we?
Have a nice day y'all ( said in high pitched foghorn voice!!! haha)
[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please please please stop busting on Americans! [Frown] Sheesh. That's like me saying to my best friend (who's black), I hate blacks, but you are OK, you are not like the rest of them. [Roll Eyes]

How friggin patronizing, rude, and ignorant. [Mad]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sin-dee:
quote:

Thank You Egyptian-guy.
Too many people do judge us by our government and
media when many of us don't agree with what it is they are doing (both gov't & media.) We are all humans and I feel the majority of Americans are
kind & friendly to foriegners that not only visit
but also live here.
I know I respect Egypt and the people there. As well as the religion.
I think most people that find Americans stupid and ignorant don't even know any personally. And certainly have no American friends. The Americans
I know would give you their last dime if it meant helping someone else.

well people are people whether they were americans egyptians british or even from mars you know we are all made of soul and body , we all make mistakes and do some stupid things but who are we to judge each other and call this smart and that stupid !! live and let live and leave all the judgements to God just be your self and dont pretend or act to be someone else and at the end we will know who was stupd and who played it smart , who was good and who was bad , dont waste your time in hatred and envy , use your time to build bridges between people not destroy all links between human races !
Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zam05
Member # 9771

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zam05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no better way to express it, egyptian-guy, well said!!!
Posts: 39 | From: Germany | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't even start about American tourists. They are the ones who freaking feed your ass. Without tourists in Egypt, the country would fall even lower than it is already. AND don't get me started on Egyptians and their ignorance and stupidty! I have traveled and lived in a lot of places but Egypt has got to be the #1 most backwards country with people that allow religion to decide what, when, how, where and why they should dress, eat, walk, act and clean..... Now that is stupid!

quote:

Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
how come you judge a whole country with 233 million people without even visiting it !!

Exactly, he hasn't seen our country and probably will never been approved for even a tourist visa.

233 million, last I heard we were reaching past 260 million.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Please please please stop busting on Americans! [Frown] Sheesh. That's like me saying to my best friend (who's black), I hate blacks, but you are OK, you are not like the rest of them. [Roll Eyes]

How friggin patronizing, rude, and ignorant. [Mad]

You know snoozin, Europeans didn't have problems with America until it became clear that America would no longer remain an "White Majority".

Census bureau reports and population projections revealed that USA will look more like Brazil over the next few decades.

This is what Europe doesn't like about America, it's ethnic future. Europe and America no longer share its "White Power" base so it no longer appreciates its neighbors across the pond.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snapdragon:
Don't even start about American tourists. They are the ones who freaking feed your ass. Without tourists in Egypt, the country would fall even lower than it is already. AND don't get me started on Egyptians and their ignorance and stupidty! I have traveled and lived in a lot of places but Egypt has got to be the #1 most backwards country with people that allow religion to decide what, when, how, where and why they should dress, eat, walk, act and clean..... Now that is stupid!

quote:

hahahah you're angry? well you can taste your own soup! youre always trashing egypt!
anyway the american people are nice and friendly. however, and i don't mean to offend anyone, there is a high level of ignorance concerning other countries. i think the problem is with the media that makes some americans think that the world stops after its borders. also many american tourists are very loud. ma2lesh sorry lobo and snoozin, and sonomod. i think the americans are very nice in general, but not as tourists. and this is not a complaint by the egyptians, i've heard europeans complain from american tourists too.
and snap, at least egypt is a poor third world country, but what is your excuse for the american ignorance? its supposed to be the most powerful country in the world, you should spend more time on education, especially since your president doesnt even know how many states you've got.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pablowablo
Member # 9129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pablowablo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as far as papper work is concerned ive never been denied an american visa simply cuz im american and point of view on turist has nothing to do with the amrican gov. at all. or if the states have colonized any of my countries ur turning this thing into a big deal when all i said was that i dont like amrican tourists well i dont like toursits and general but so far americans are the most anoying and coming in second are the french.
now i didnt mean to insult anyone im just a bitter old bastard that doesnt really like anyone but im quite comfy knowing that and i all of my ideals or thoughts on anything are from first hand expirience. has nothing to do with the the media or the goverment.
so before u start making stuff up about me and my political views get ur facts straight
again im sorry if i insulted anyone i was only stating what i find it to be the case hence the whole point of message boards.

Posts: 113 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Princess Di was born in England. What do you mean by 'a regular Betty'? The Americans adored her, just as much as the British. What is the problem with her being in love with an Egyptian before she died?
As for you comment on the Americans saving Europe from Hitler - you leave me speechless.

Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
as far as papper work is concerned ive never been denied an american visa simply cuz im american and point of view on turist has nothing to do with the amrican gov. at all. or if the states have colonized any of my countries ur turning this thing into a big deal when all i said was that i dont like amrican tourists well i dont like toursits and general but so far americans are the most anoying and coming in second are the french.
now i didnt mean to insult anyone im just a bitter old bastard that doesnt really like anyone but im quite comfy knowing that and i all of my ideals or thoughts on anything are from first hand expirience. has nothing to do with the the media or the goverment.
so before u start making stuff up about me and my political views get ur facts straight
again im sorry if i insulted anyone i was only stating what i find it to be the case hence the whole point of message boards.

Oh thats right I need to play along with this new persona of yours, what happened to the other personas like Ejar?

Got tired of "Ejar" or forgot the password?

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by samakwish:

As for you comment on the Americans saving Europe from Hitler - you leave me speechless.

Don't remember actually seeing a fight from the Europeans.

I do remember seeing the death count for the Russians being the highest, and the Americans being very far behind.

Civilian deaths and military deaths of western Europeans being about the same.

THese details were described in the negiotiations leading to the NATO Peace Treaty. Something the Americans should've never had signed or gotten involved with.

pablowablo
Member # 9129

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:

Oh thats right I need to play along with this new persona of yours, what happened to the other personas like Ejar?

Got tired of "Ejar" or forgot the password?

u dont have to get used to anything all im doin is stating my point of view as for "ajar" that was b4 my time and have no idea who ur talkin about

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com