EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » TRIP TO LUXOR

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TRIP TO LUXOR
nami_pamker
Member # 6486

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nami_pamker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to get info about who to contact to organise a Nile cruise from Luxor to Assuan for four days. Is it possible to find decent prices? Some anybody knows travel agencies to contact?
Thank you so much!

Posts: 140 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anneke
Member # 9815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anneke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out www.thomascookegypt.com
Posts: 42 | From: Maadi, Cairo | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been listening to quite a number of complaints from tourists who have been on these 4 days trips to Aswan, and you might like to hear about them.

First of all the trip which is described as 4 days includes all food. However, the food is included only when the boat is "moving". For two days out of the 4 it is in "port". Therefore you will need to pay for the food for two days out of the 4 and the prices are apparently quite inflated.

On the return everyone gets asked for twenty five English pounds or the equivalent of 25O Egyptian by the operator. This is supposed to be for "tips" for the crew and all the staff. However, you can take it from me, it does not get to the staff, as most of them do not see any of this money. The Egyptian tour operator pockets most of it. They usually have an up-front English person to actually ask for the "tips" as it looks more genuine. Hahaha.

Basically, whatever one pays, these trips are an absolute con. When you book, make asbolutely sure you know what you are and are not paying for, otherwise you will find yourself very disappointed. [Big Grin]

Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarlet1
Member # 9114

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scarlet1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nami Pamker,
You can contact with El Tarek Travel from the following
e-mail : eltarek@link.net
They give really good rates.
I have been working with them for 11 years

Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
needsomeone
Member # 9046

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for needsomeone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
these trips are an absolute con.

Nami

Don't listen to that old moo, she's talking bollocks [Big Grin]

check this site out www.egyptwithmara.com

they're very good

good luck

Posts: 104 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its true, they quote you one price then it doubles or triples. And of course the wait staff doesn't get tips, thats why YOU give them the tips directly.

But the Nile Cruise is worth it ...

Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure you take a spare 'handbag', you will need it to provide funds for all the tour reps who are building flats and villas to rent out to tourists. If you dont give it to them directly, they will get it some other way. [Big Grin]
Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
needsomeone
Member # 9046

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for needsomeone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your comment left me with no choice

I'm going to re-nationalise the city of LUXOR and stop the foreign currency illegal exchange

Watch out dears [Big Grin]

Posts: 104 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com