EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » How safe is it to visit Egypt now

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How safe is it to visit Egypt now
marcydale454
Member # 3979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marcydale454     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to visit Egypt to see all of the wonderful sights.... but also to meet someone from Egypt that I met online 2 years ago... I am terrified ... because of everything going on in the world with the war in Iraq and everything.... besides that I am American.. I know middleastern people hate Americans..... I was thinking of going on a guided tour package deal... I am a woman I I will be travelling alone.... THIS I AM TERRIFIED to do.. What do you think??? [Confused] [Embarrassed] sparkly@optonline.net

Poll Information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 1 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 40 | From: Riverhead,NY ,USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing you have to fear is fear itself.

Lobo is a single female too, and had a fabulous time in Egypt, alone. Its fine, its no worse than the US. Have a little street smart, open your mind, learn a little Arabic, and you will find the people warm, friendly, the men charming, and you will get marriage proposals, HA HA HA

And Egyptians are not Middle eastern or all Arabs. ... they are EGPYPTIANS !!!]

So go to Egypt and have a fabulous time ..

I would lose the terrified thing, because people will sense it ..

Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by crazylobo:
The only thing you have to fear is fear itself.

Lobo is a single female too, and had a fabulous time in Egypt, alone. Its fine, its no worse than the US. Have a little street smart, open your mind, learn a little Arabic, and you will find the people warm, friendly, the men charming, and you will get marriage proposals, HA HA HA

And Egyptians are not Middle eastern or all Arabs. ... they are EGPYPTIANS !!!]

So go to Egypt and have a fabulous time ..

I would lose the terrified thing, because people will sense it ..

Im a single woman from UK.... living in Egypt for 3 years now.. believe me, you have absolutely nothing to fear... just be cautious of the gigolos in tourist areas.... single women are perfect prey!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome to Egypt, Egypt is safe dont worry about that , you are gonna like it alot and everything is so cheap here , you are most welcome and if you need any help let me know , take care and happy new year [Smile]

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i couldnt vote sorry i didnt get your choices !!!
but blv me its safe here and you are gonna like it , when are you planning to visit Egypt and do you have any plans for your visit , i am living in cairo Egypt and i have been living here all of my life , i have been to the states as well three times before so when i tell you its safe i know what i am talkn about i have been working in the bronx and newyork during my summer time and it wasnt safe at all , come here and find out for your self ,

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ITS فلففففففففففففففففففففففف
Can someone tell me what that means? Somebody send me this and i don't understand it. [Confused]

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

sadeeqy u still here thanx god lol

--------------------

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes i am. Can you translate that for me?
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

فلفففففففف means nothing in arabic

--------------------

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go - its fine, very safe. I've been on my own 3 times now, (female 45) as has a friend of mine (female 26).

You could stay home and bad things happen. You might go and a bad thing might happen - but it probably won't and you will have missed all the sites. You can't live life like that.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
I have no idea what it meant. I thought it's some kind of "it's over" or something, because the guy was talking about his girlfriend...
Thanks anyway!

Gaza
Member # 9121

nope its has no meaning sadeeqy , and when are you visiting egypt sadeeqy [Smile] dont you think its time to show up in cairo [Smile] and what are your plans for tonight [Smile] its the new years eve , happy new year [Smile]

--------------------

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
quote:
dont you think its time to show up in cairo and what are your plans for tonight its the new years eve , happy new year
/////
Nope, Cairo it's not the right place for me. I prefer to be here with my sweetheart!
Happy New Year to you, too! [Smile]

Gaza
Member # 9121

say hi to your sweetheart and happy new year to him or her as well lol

--------------------

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi marcy,

as others have said, Egypt is a very safe place, the only thing you have to worry about as a woman travelling alone is the harrassment you will get, but there's no danger.

I've been living in Cairo on my own for the past 2,5 years and I've never felt in danger anywhere, not even during the Iraq war.

Come and enjoy. [Smile]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is safe in the World!!! Some parts of London are not safe but you use your street cred. I am a single woman and have visited Egypt a few times and planning to go back in March. I have had wonderful times there with some wonderful people. Yes you do get harrassment but then you can get that anywhere in the world..
Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

i would love to have all of you here in Egypt , its our pleasure to have you and if you need anyhelp dont hesitate to ask.

Happy New Year , Egypt and Egyptians love you back and will take good care of you while you are here .
God Bless

zam05
Member # 9771

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zam05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much, Egyptian-guy, I wish you a Happy New Year too.
I'll be in Cairo in February, so when I have question before, I'll ask you.

Posts: 39 | From: Germany | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, Please, like anywhere else in the world make sure you or the guy you are with puts a jacket on his or your butler!

Safe sex is fun sex!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to be in Egypt now! I wish you a happy new year too Egyptian-guy. I will be in El Minya in March so any questions before I'll ask you.
Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

you are most welcome [Smile]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com