EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » going to sharm tonight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: going to sharm tonight
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey there
i am leaving to sharm tonight , going to sharks bay , its my very first time there any recommendations [Smile]

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay away from the sharks! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i need some info about the place dont worry about the sharks i am more worried about the bay it self [Smile]

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh it s very romantic there! You are probably already travelling but it is a nice place! Nice beduin shacks (wooden) are you staying in these? or in hotel. Anyway, it has s couple of nice fish retaurants, big seafood platter and not expensive, and a really really quiet and nice sheesha bar, can lounge on carpets and admire the moonlight over sea.
Maybe just that it is a bit far from main road so transport there can be tricky, the taxi drivers are quite demanding there because usually people have no choice [Smile] . Anyway, main road is about 20 minutes walking distance so it is not entirely impossible to walk to service car.
About snorkeling I do not know how good it is. Some boats leave from there to trips.
Anyway - enjoy and eid said!

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bay itself is wonderful and the snorkelling just off the shore is superb. Try going in the water late afternoon just before sunset and you will see soooooooo many lion fish.

I always smile when I think of Sharks bay as was there once with my sister late afternoon and we saw the strangest fish ever...the great white willy fish...we both choked in our snorkells!!

Have a wonderful time and the sunsets will be to die for.

Hi Nevermind hope life is good with you [Smile]

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been to Sharm a few times and Ilove Sharks Bay. We went on a glass bottom boat and saw the most beautiful fish. Have you been to Sharm before if not, visit Old Town, it has real Egyptian Charm.
Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

i am back and i had such a nice time there its so bedouin and so nice i liked it alot , the transportation was the main obstacle but i over came it , so bad that i cant attach the pics i took here [Frown] anyways thanx nevermind for you help although it was kinda late but it could have helped me alot if i read it before i go [Smile] god bless
Gaza
Member # 9121

you know what it was only me and a friend of mine thats why we had to make it to ne'ma bay everynight to meet our friends , but if we were like big group staying there i will never ever think of leaving the camp its so nice and relaxing , but there is no nigth life at all everything is so closed and the camp is so quiet by 10 pm

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Gaza
Member # 9121

if any one is going to sharks bay please let me know i will join right away [Smile] wish you were all there you would have liked it alot

--------------------

jockwav
Member # 10029

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for jockwav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to sharm on the 16 feb for some scuba diving.
I scuba a lot in greece a couple of times a year.
Never been to egypt,is it safe to walk the streets in sharm,any advice is welcome.

Posts: 6 | From: Edinburgh/Scotland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jockwav:
Going to sharm on the 16 feb for some scuba diving.
I scuba a lot in greece a couple of times a year.
Never been to egypt,is it safe to walk the streets in sharm,any advice is welcome.

It is very safe to walk the streets of Sharm anytime of day or night both for men and women. Wish we could say the same about GB
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jockwav
Member # 10029

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jockwav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your reply penny,your right about GB.

--------------------
Enjoy Life While You Can

Posts: 6 | From: Edinburgh/Scotland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jockwav
Member # 10029

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jockwav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone stayed at the tropicana grand oasis in sharm.
I would like to know if there is a fridge in the rooms,and what type of electrical adaptor i need to take with me,thanks.

--------------------
Enjoy Life While You Can

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jockwav:
Has anyone stayed at the tropicana grand oasis in sharm.
I would like to know if there is a fridge in the rooms,and what type of electrical adaptor i need to take with me,thanks.

Don't know about fridges but just saw this:-

The Tropicana Grand Oasis Hotel is situated on Sharks Bay which is a part of Sharm El Sheikh, with a wonderful combination of sea, gulf and mountain scenery. It is set in extensive landscaped grounds with a panoramic view of the Red Sea and the Sinai Desert. The Tropicana Grand Oasis Hotel facilities include 2 spectacular pools, one of which is heated and a childrens pool, private beach with watersports, diving centre, tennis, volleyball, gym, aerobics, table tennis and darts.

So our comments above re Sharks bay apply.

Take a continental two pin adaptor

jockwav
Member # 10029

Rate Member
Thank you very much penny,you should be employed by the tourist board.
I appreciate the brilliant description of the place,now i have a better idea of the layout.
Thank You

--------------------
Enjoy Life While You Can

nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Panny, thanks egyptian-guy, yeas life is good with me, me and bf are busy enjoying Sharm, I am at the moment researching the real estate market here, esp. all rental properties with some beduin/Egyptian/Arabic (am not quite sure, which) characteristics, like these big domes for roofs. If any of you wish to stay any of these you can let me give a few hints how to find. But it will have to be a compromise of architecture with cutting-edge comfort and interiors, if you want these then usually any of the hotel-type villages, or also some supernew rental apts in Hadaba area are a safer bet. Prices usually in range of 2500-3500LE, 3000 is the most common while both more expensive and cheaper good ones are more hard to find. But there are also shoebox-size "studios" for around 1300LE if you just need a bed and decent bathroom and take your sun outside.
Also need to work on where it is worth to eat, lastest "finding" was Iberotel Lido in the very heart of Naama bay (beyound the historic Helnan Marine). Really great view to the whole Naama strip of beach, cool furniture and nice menu from ca 55LE for main courses to anything around 300LE (but all taxes included, which is nice). Servic was super, they even brought us heated beach towels to put on shoulders because evening was exceptionally cold. They have gas lamps but these were not working, maybe because we went before usual dinner time and were nearly only persons at that time. They even serve falafels in Alexandrian syle (with liver).

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Small     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,stayed at the Tropicana garden palms but went to the Grand oasis because the garden palms has not got a beach.The hotel itself looked fine,some of the people who where staying there moaned about the food but others said it was fine.I guess it depends on what you like.The hotel is pretty high above sea level,you have to walk down a fairly steep set of terraces to reach the sea and access to the water is via a pretty rickety pontoon straight into deepish water.The snorkelling is very good especially if you swim a little(50m) to either side of the pontoon,away from all the noise.I dont know about the Grand oasis but we had fridges at the garden palms.I would say they would have them because each room normally has a mini bar contained in it.
Posts: 70 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jockwav
Member # 10029

Rate Member
Thanks all for your help and advice,not be long now till thursday 16th feb.
Really looking forward to going to sharm now and get in the red sea.

Thank you all.

--------------------
Enjoy Life While You Can

Gaza
Member # 9121

I stayed there in umbakak diving center in sharks bay, about 9 km from na'ama bay, it was nice.
There was 3 kinds of cabins , double bedroom wooden cabin with a/c and bath room it costs like 180 le , double bedroom wooden cabin it costs like 130 le without a/c and bathroom , all wooden cabins are on the beach , and there are huts uphill and they are so simple just 2 bedrooms costs like 45 le per day , the view is wicked and the camp is so simple and so relaxing.
If you are into diving you are gonna love it , the food is great it comes with free breakfast from 7 30 am to 10 am , you can find all kinds of food and there is a small market there as well.
There is a nice bedouin cafe where you can sit and relax after dinner and smoke sheesha play cards do whatever u please with nice bedoiun music on the back there are some bazars as well where you can find some bedouin stuff.
At night, its so calm and most people are either sleeping or heading to naama bay , there is no night life atall by 9 pm its so quiet.
Overall, its nice place where you can relax swim enjoy the sun and the sea i liked it alot but next time i ll make sure i ll invite more friends to come along as it was just me and a friend of mine it was lil bit boring if you dont feel like going to na'ama, better bring some hush and alcohol to enjoy it more at night and some girls will do as well:) and Its safe dont worry about that .
if you any further information dont hesitate to ask,
byeee.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com