EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Have I got the number wrong??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have I got the number wrong??
tisatashar
Member # 8806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tisatashar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone.

My mum just rang with a mobile number to call her on. She gave me 012 99 61 xxx.

I can't get through. I dial 0011 + 20 + number and i get nowhere. In my country mobile prefixes are 4 digits e.g. 0125 rather than 3- 012.

What's the correct way to call a mobile in egypt??

Posts: 17 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are calling Egypt the number should be +20 12 99 61 xxx and you replace the + with the prefix for international dialling in your country. and you strip of the leading 0 from the number you are calling.

In the UK the international code is 00 so the number becomes 0020 12 99 61 xxx

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.countrycallingcodes.com/

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tenngirl9
Member # 9948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenngirl9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from america, you dial 01120....
Posts: 96 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Golden Eagle
Member # 9982

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Golden Eagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually you should dial: 01120129961xxx
Posts: 13 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pandora
Member # 10146

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pandora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't dial the first 0 in your number..dial international code from your country..then 20 which is egypt's country..then skip that first 0 in your number..you never dial that first 0 if you are out of the country..that goes for many countries..when my daughter was in brazil you dropped the first 0 also...

--------------------
life life long, for it is short...pandora

Posts: 98 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com