EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » 1st visit to Egypt (need advise)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1st visit to Egypt (need advise)
mo-jo
Member # 10028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mo-jo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody

1st time on the net, so hope this is the right way to proceed.
I am going to book a holiday to Egypt and the Hotel, that i have been offered is the HOR PALACE HOTEL in Hurgarda.
Can anyone advise me if it is a good hotel to stay at ie: clean,comfortable and good food ???

Thanks Mo-Jo

Posts: 1 | From: Central England | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody is willing to help here? Come on... [Smile]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mojo welcome [Wink] here is a review of the hotel for you!! [Eek!]
Hotel is not geared up for the English at all. Food was appalling and generally consisted of dishes such as fish heads and beef type stew with lumps of fat in! Entertainment seemed to be non-existent and during our stay we were apparently 2 of 5 British people staying in the whole hotel, non of which we actually saw, just ignorant Russians.

Although the hotel has probably seen better days, putting everything aside I cannot fault the hotel in terms of the location, swimming pool, room and friendliness of staff.

If you choose to stay here I just hope you get Ben our cleaner, he was friendly, never entered the room when we were in or knocked when the 'Do not disturb' sign was on, whilst also cleaning the room to a high standard every day, complete with decorations on the bed using our bed linen and flowers. Thanx Ben!

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also sites such as
www.tripadvisor.com
and www.virtualtourist.com may be helpful

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
just ignorant Russians.

Hehhehehehehe

Watch it! We have an ex-KGB memeber called Lanuchkhara or something and she will eat you alive for saying this..

Hey LanucKharaShow.. How is the bitching around going?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hor Palace is among a myriad of restaurants, so if you don't like the food you can also eat cheaply outside.

Hotels cannot cater for every taste and a point to remember is that nothing is ever wasted in Egypt. Yes meat can be fatty, but there is certainly far more to eat than fish heads and stew!

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can live with saying "hor palace" without laughing, you're a better person than me!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Kingdom I copied this from a hotel review website. I have never been there [Wink]
Hope she is not lining me up in her Kalashnikov sights!! [Eek!]

Mouny-Cairo
Member # 2490

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mouny-Cairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I stayed for three times in that hotel and it was really nice

Posts: 66 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigma
Member # 9314

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enigma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
If you can live with saying "hor palace" without laughing, you're a better person than me!!! [Big Grin]

I'm with you Samia, everytime i see this place i start to snigger [Big Grin] juvenile i know, but what can i say [Razz]

Salam

Posts: 127 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com