EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Perfume Shops in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Perfume Shops in Egypt
Alyssa
Member # 10218

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alyssa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last time I went to Egypt, I visited a Perfume shop in Aswan. I am going to be going back to Egypt soon and wanted to go to the same one, as I didn't not get to buy anything last time but I can't remember the name of the shop. Has anyone been to a Perfume shop in Aswan and is willing to help me out with the name?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShootingStar
Member # 9470

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShootingStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aswan is the perfume capital of Egypt. There are many, many perfume shops there and it will be impossible to guess at a name. Sorry! If you have more information, maybe someone can help.
Posts: 118 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alyssa:
The last time I went to Egypt, I visited a Perfume shop in Aswan. I am going to be going back to Egypt soon and wanted to go to the same one, as I didn't not get to buy anything last time but I can't remember the name of the shop. Has anyone been to a Perfume shop in Aswan and is willing to help me out with the name?

Are you sure it's the shop you're looking for. not somebody who works there???
As you've been to Aswan already, you'll know there are a billion perfume shops there.... all selling the same stuff!!!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Are you sure it's the shop you're looking for. not somebody who works there???

[Big Grin]
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry never been to Aswan , but if you need anything cairo let me know [Smile]

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
margarita
Member # 9940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for margarita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in love with all of the perfumes I got while in Egypt. My favorite was my rose water ,but It fell off the counter and it broke [Frown] .
Posts: 116 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember this perfume shop in Khan El Khalili. Hate to play the tourist, but I had one friend visiting me and she abolutely wanted to buy a perfume. So we entered the shop, and there...there was some slow music, many soft smells, the guy was talking with a very soft voice, and had a very special way of looking at us, like an hypnotiser (sp??) you know...My friend was saying, yes, yes, yes, she would have bought the whole shop...I was almost falling asleep (I swear it's true!!), but thanks God, I suddenly woke up, and pushed my friend out, before she lost all her money...Never entered this kind of shop again...
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On my first trip to Cairo, I ended up spending 1000LE on papyrus and 1000LE on oils/perfumes in the same shop - was I ever done... mind you I'm still in contact with the hustler and usually meet him for a chai when I'm about.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Lucky man!! But at the time, my friend had no money, she was a poor student...Now she's rich!!! Maybe we should go to this shop again then, and she will expense all her money in perfumes!!
Alyssa
Member # 10218

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alyssa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only went to one..I don't remember the name. :-(

"Are you sure it's the shop you're looking for. not somebody who works there???"

Lol no!!! Haha I actually don't remember anyone who worked there.

Does anyone know the name of just any shop that I should go to in Aswan?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com