EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Learning Arabic in England

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Learning Arabic in England
sassy2601
Member # 10292

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sassy2601     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, does anyone at all know if there are any tutors based in England that can teach arabic, or any good websites that can teach you the pronounciation of the words as well.

Thanks

Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marakby
Member # 10174

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marakby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
England !! Could you be a bit specific? Name a city if you can. I know Arabic tutors in London.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This website has got sounds on it.

http://i-cias.com/babel/arabic/01.htm

If you are in a big city you should be able to find an evening class somewhere. I've come on leaps and bounds since my friend's cousin (egyptian) started forcing me to practice sounds over the internet with him for half an hour a week! It hurts baaddd! [Big Grin]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also got this CD from PCWorld called 'Learn Arabic' it cost about £15 and you can play words and then record yourself and listen back. I haven't quite got the hang of it yet.
If I hadn't started talking with my friend's cousin, I was thinking about putting up an advert in the newsagents (I live in a very multi-cultural part of London) asking for maybe a 6th form schoolgirl or similar to earn a bit of pocket money practicing talking with for half an hour here and there. Might be worth considering depending where you live.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sassy, lots of local colleges are offering arabic courses now. I used to have to go into the city to learn, but now my local college has started classes. Check them out first. And you need to remember that there is a difference between egyptian colloquial arabic, and the written classical arabic. So make sure if you only want to learn the spoken that you chose the right one.
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com