EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello dear friends;

Well iam wondering if anyone knows about modest accomodation hotels or motels located in the east side of Manhattan in New york during the 25th april and up to mid may...

greetings for you all

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off on another conference doc, well done. Can't help you with this one but I am sure someone must be able to

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vanderbilt YMCA

Why does it have to be the East side? Manhattan is rather small ... it takes you much longer to go from North to South than from East to West.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Akshar and Dalia;

thanks for the response. Well Akshar iam just back from san francisco 2 days ago and i believe i should have arranged better my accomodation in that city for its really the most expensive in the states i have visited.
This time a training course in new york for 2 weeks and Dalia the reason i want in east side for it would be closer to the Memorial sloan catering cancer centre where i would recieve that training and i believe its in upper east side manhattan.. So tell me if u have any idea how long would it take me to move around from perhaps west to east side and what would u suggest Dalia..

Thanks alot for the responses

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Doc,

it's definitely a good idea to look for accomodation that's not too far away from your training center. However – it would be faster to get from the Upper West to the Upper East Side than getting there from the East Village, for example, since the island of Manhattan is rather narrow.

Public transport is good, so I wouldn't worry too much about the exact location of your hotel, as long as it's within Manhattan and not in one of the suburbs.

I lived in the East Village and I remember I could reach almost any destination in Manhattan very comfortably on my bike ...

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

hey J

hope ur doing great, we'll ive had seen lots of interesting places overthere and for me specially, i loved the Alcatraz, the golden gate area and the pacific heights are wonderful, the city is so elegant in fact ..

EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Hi Dalia

thanks again for your response and ur advice, i appreciate it much. I'll see about this

MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.allensguide.com/hostels/New-York-Hostels.php

Hi dear Doc, have a look at this link, it is normally quite useful to find a hostel type accomodation in New York. Rates go from 20-25 $/night up, depending on the period.

I stayed once at the Washington Hotel, it is not bad at all, only it is in Harlem (which is always Manhattan by the way), North East part (3rd Avenue), a couple of blocks walking to the beginning of Central Park. Harlem is now much much safer than it used to be.
I don't have the clue where the place you are having your congress is located, but the Underground in NYC is very efficient.

Have fun in NYC, it's a great City!
Ciao! [Smile]

Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Dear MousseT

thanks alot for the very helpful website, its certainly great...

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Doc
long time no see , i just was wonderining today where are all of this nice people that we used to talk and have lots of fun on this board , yeah this was long ago may be a couple of years ago ..honestly i was not on Es myself for a long while and when i came back i found new memebers and the same old stories even shallower,,,,
anyway nice to see you here again DR

--------------------
The only way for evil to prevail, is for good men to stand by and do nothing

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

My Dear MotherEgypt

Its a pleasure recieving such message of you and i remember your lovely replies and many threades and i even remeber the first time we both came to know and was a couple of years ago. Actually as u've realised a while ago many of our replies werent welcome anymore and on much of my replies i've had a real stinging and even humiliating responses so i better stopped taking part in this even not as regularly checking as i used to be. I believe teh same happened with yu for you stopped posting for a while as well.
Also one is getting more busy all the time, but still i really respect much of the members overhere and really i miss reading much of ur posts and threads...

My best regards brother and plz be safe

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr,
are you really going to care so much about some house wives are replying to you while a cooking break or some horny ones they dislike Egyptian because they could not keep heir blacky boyfriends, come on Dr i am sure you are wiser than this.
i am waiting for your great threads ,,,
cheers Dr

--------------------
The only way for evil to prevail, is for good men to stand by and do nothing

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] are you really going to care so much about some house wives are replying to you while a cooking break or some horny ones they dislike Egyptian because they could not keep heir blacky boyfriends, come on Dr i am sure you are wiser than this.
i am waiting for your great threads ,,,
cheers Dr [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

How charming is that MotherEgypt!!

Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merima
Member # 9658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Doc!

have a look at this link: http://www.hostels.com/en/us.ny.ny.html

There are so many hostels located directly in Manhattan. I´m sure you´ll be able to find a suitable one for you.

When I was in NY two years ago I stayed at Chelsea International Hostel. Although our room was *really* small & simple, I loved it because the location was great (west/20steet) and it was not expensive (ca. 25 Euro).
I will stay there for a couple of days at the beginning of April, too. And I´ll also stay at the "Gershwin Hotel" for some days. Insh`allah. [Wink]
A friend of mine stayed at "The Wanderers Inn", and she felt comfortable there.

When visiting (big & expensive) cities, I like staying at youth hostels because they are low priced. Moreover, they are often centrally located. And the most important thing for me is that it´s a clean and safe place to be. Afterall, I just want to spend the nights there.
But if you´re there to work and not just for fun (being a tourist), then you might need a place which is more calm & comfortable.

I hope you´ll find what you´re looking for. Enjoy New York - it´s an awesome city!

Posts: 173 | From: Germany | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Dear Merima

I thank you so much for sharing your experience and for posting such link and infact i was considering the chelsea hostel already last night and ur message sort of reinforced my thoughts, so i do thank you again and surely the location is very important for me.
Iam much obliged and again i wish you a happy safe trip as well inshallah and if considering a good flight as well why dont u check www.iberia.com ; i believe they have good offers and moreover they would let u have a 1 day stay in madrid with their " Madrid Amigo " offer.
best of luck and hope u enjoy ur stay

Merima
Member # 9658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Doc,

This "Madrid Amigo" offer sounds great since I´ve not yet been in Madrid. But I guess that I´ll have to go on that trip sometime in the future, insh`allah. But thanks a lot for the information.
I´m flying with "American Airlines" at a very reasonable price. I booked at statravel.de, a travel organization for students and youths.

Salam

Posts: 173 | From: Germany | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com