EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » marrying an Egyptian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: marrying an Egyptian
habibaA
Member # 8580

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for habibaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I need you help...

Is it possible that I, a Canadian PR get married to an Egyptian by using power of attorney? [Confused] I tried going to EGypt but my visa was refused with no reason. [Frown]

Your comments are appreciated. Thank you. [Smile]

Posts: 10 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow your visa to egypt was refused? thats odd!

if you want to get married you can make what we call "tawkeel" a contract for the attorney to sign the marriage contract without your presence

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can your visa be refused????? Anyone can buy a tourist visa at the airporet!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CairoStudent
Member # 10528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CairoStudent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your visa was refused in the airport? did they deport you back to Canada or what happened? I think no Canadians or Americans get tourist visa refused.

And what does 'Canadian PR' mean? You are not a citizen? What country ARE you a citizen of?

Nigeria?, haha...

--------------------
BLAME CANADA

Posts: 214 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PR ????
prisoner??? [Razz]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holo
Member # 4009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for holo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can marry him , the documents needed are as follows:
1- a certificate from your country that you are not married and that there are no legal ristricting your marriage.
2- a consent from the your countrys embassy to marry the egyptian guy.
3- a copy from your passport .
4- 6 personal photos.
5- your birth certificate.
6- you are reqired to sign the marriage contract at cairo , or , make a special power of attorney for an egyptian lawyer to sign the contract.

Posts: 63 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holo
Member # 4009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for holo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you need further information you can contact me , holo1111@yahoo.com
Posts: 63 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by holo:
make a special power of attorney for an egyptian lawyer to sign the contract.

But don't you have to go to the court in person to sign for a power of attorney and sign it has been explained to you in your own language?
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I REALLY don't understand this! It's bad enough trying to understand people who get married but live apart, but to get married apart? What's the point? You can't enjoy any of the benefits(!) of marriage, why not just wait till you can be together?
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmedmagdy
Member # 10691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmedmagdy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello im ahmed from egypt
and i hope i married if really u wanna married from egypt send me about that email
ramyhetler@hotmail.com becues we will know others well and will married becues i need to married oky see u

Posts: 19 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hellraiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ahmedmagdy:
hello im ahmed from egypt
and i hope i married if really u wanna married from egypt send me about that email
ramyhetler@hotmail.com becues we will know others well and will married becues i need to married oky see u

Please kill yourself immediately. Thanks.
Posts: 216 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hellraiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by habibaA:
I tried going to EGypt but my visa was refused with no reason. [Frown]

This makes no sense, how could your visa be refused, and on what basis, assuming this is true?
Posts: 216 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hellraiser:
quote:
Originally posted by habibaA:
I tried going to EGypt but my visa was refused with no reason. [Frown]

This makes no sense, how could your visa be refused, and on what basis, assuming this is true?
The poster says she is 'Canadian PR' which I assume means 'permanent resident' ie not a canadian national, so presumably there is some difficulty about her country of origin? Alternatively, 'permanent residency' in the UK and probably in Canada brings with it a whole host of regulations about how much time you can spend out of the country and maintain permanent resident status - so this might be at the back of it and I wonder if the poster is aware of the conditions that might apply if her behaviour in marrying abroad could be construed as 'abandoning' canada?
Its a bit of a minefield I think!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by oldbag:
The poster says she is 'Canadian PR' which I assume means 'permanent resident' ie not a canadian national, so presumably there is some difficulty about her country of origin? Alternatively, 'permanent residency' in the UK and probably in Canada brings with it a whole host of regulations about how much time you can spend out of the country and maintain permanent resident status - so this might be at the back of it and I wonder if the poster is aware of the conditions that might apply if her behaviour in marrying abroad could be construed as 'abandoning' canada?
Its a bit of a minefield I think!

Ok, it's clearer now, thanks oldbag.

Habiba, why don't you talk to an immigration lawyer in Canada, they'll give you a heads up on how to proceed, since you're not a citizen of Canada yet.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com