EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » British Airways

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: British Airways
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll probably be using British Airways for my trip in July. Does anyone have experience with this airline? Is it good? bad?
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
only to the uae.not bad i hear red sea flights are better check there site
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA is good.... but very expensive!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes is very expensive

If you are flying from UK I would recoment you to try Siwss airaways or KLM much more cheaper, and the service is very good

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never used BA myself, but I have a friend who regularly flies Seattle to Heathrow and he wont use anyone else. And a friend of mine who is from Cairo, also will not use anyone else other than BA. Both say they are very good, and I do know the Seattle to Heathrow flight is often a very good price if booked in advance.
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for your help! I found a really good flight with a minimun layover. I would take American Airlines from here to London then BA from London to Alexandria. 2.5 hour layover! Sure beats the 14 hour layover I had last December.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just checked the terminals for you. You arrive at Terminal 3 and leave from Terminal 4. Thats not an easy transfer. You have to take the transit bus from one terminal to the other, so your 2.5 hour layover will mostly be taken up with transferring. You will hardly notice it passing by! And your BA flight is actually British Mediterranean Airways not British Airways itself. Although it does have a BA flight number. Maybe someone else knows about this airline.
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lady victoria
Member # 10408

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lady victoria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, use to work for thomas cook for 7 years so hoepfully can help?? British Mediterranean is a sister airline of BA. Ba hire them to do routes that BA do. They are a good airline. British staff on all British plans can be a bit harsh cometimes a little rude so stand your ground and do not let anyone do this. You may have a request ie for a blanket that you may have to ask for a few times......BA are expensive but do not usually delay and obviously food and drink is included in the service as ofter as you want unlike the charter flights ie Monarch where you have to pay. Usuall BA flight times are also very good and the flights direct so although m ore expensive the benefits tend to be better
Posts: 27 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lady victoria
Member # 10408

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lady victoria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terminals in Heathrow are easy to transfer between and are all sign posted and easy to find. Some are by buses some you can walk. There are plenty of staff at the airport too who will help. Heathrow is a great Airport I really like usuing it more so than Gatwick which is a complete nightmare
Posts: 27 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have flown BA several times into Cairo and into Hurghada. At the moment the Hurghada flights are about the cheapest around but they only fly in there two days per week. The flights into Cairo are daily but are a bit expensive compared with others at the moment.

The conditions on BA flights are good. Lots of leg room and your own video screen with a choice of 7 films. The food is palatable too and there are free drinks (including wine) with your meals.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can use the Heathrow Express Train to transfer btw terminals as well. About 4 minutes.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Thanks for checking on that Shareen!! I don't mind the transferring at all and if it takes up much of my layover so I don't feel the time that's cool with me. Sure beats stalking seats in Frankfurt for a chance to sit down. I slept on a marble slab for a few hours..that was truly the worst!

quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
I just checked the terminals for you. You arrive at Terminal 3 and leave from Terminal 4. Thats not an easy transfer. You have to take the transit bus from one terminal to the other, so your 2.5 hour layover will mostly be taken up with transferring. You will hardly notice it passing by! And your BA flight is actually British Mediterranean Airways not British Airways itself. Although it does have a BA flight number. Maybe someone else knows about this airline.

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Thanks Lady! As long as I have nice takeoffs and landings and a little leg room..that's all I'm worried about. Cleanliness is important too. I dealt with some bristly flight attendants on NWA a couple months back but I just ignore that. I'll be flying into the newer airport near Alexandria..Borg el Arab. Last time I flew into Alexandria International. Boy was that a tiny airport but very easy to get around in. It was basically a big room.

quote:
Originally posted by lady victoria:
Hi, use to work for thomas cook for 7 years so hoepfully can help?? British Mediterranean is a sister airline of BA. Ba hire them to do routes that BA do. They are a good airline. British staff on all British plans can be a bit harsh cometimes a little rude so stand your ground and do not let anyone do this. You may have a request ie for a blanket that you may have to ask for a few times......BA are expensive but do not usually delay and obviously food and drink is included in the service as ofter as you want unlike the charter flights ie Monarch where you have to pay. Usuall BA flight times are also very good and the flights direct so although m ore expensive the benefits tend to be better

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Thanks everyone for your responses!
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello..... my daughter is British Airways cabin crew.... she or her friends are never rude or surly...... more often it's the passengers who are rude and surly... and the crew have to keep smiling!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hear hear ,samia , ive flown with BA never had a problem only with the price lol lol ,but lovely crew ..i personaly fly with egypt air not had a Problem so far ,but i can reasure you BA IS GOOD ...
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
Thanks everyone for your help! I found a really good flight with a minimun layover. I would take American Airlines from here to London then BA from London to Alexandria. 2.5 hour layover! Sure beats the 14 hour layover I had last December.

you will be happy with british airways but i am here to tell you that my experience with american airlines was not a good one. Its not horrible i just found that on the particular flight i was on that the staff was not attentive at all or helpful for that matter. The lady that was seated next to me i discovered was blind about half way through the flight, i only discovered this when i returned from the restroom and she asked if it was nearby. I told her yes it is just up there, she told me then she could not see. So i told her i would take her. She thanked me very much as in the 5 hours we had been on that flight she had called the attendants 3 times and they had not responded at all. Also the attendants would offer coffee and just try to hand it expecting her to take it and when she didnt they simply sat it down and left.(Even after i pointed out to them that she could not see) Which i found a bit dangerous, i mean who sits a hot cup of coffee down in front of a blind person then simply leaves without assisting them as to where that cup is, what if she had knocked it over because she was unaware of where it was. The airline failed this lady greatly, she had made arrangements with them before she left germany for special needs and she failed to get the service she requested. The airline did not even inform the crew that they had a blind passenger aboard nor did they make the arrangements for someone to meet her on the plane to remove her and take her to her taxi. British airways and Lufthansa were both nice. I would never recommend American airlines to anyone, the staff on the plane i was on acted as if they were being imposed upon at any request of them.
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh thats discusting i have a disabled daughter BA helped me and so did EGYPT AIR i cudnt get enough help the only trouble we had first time was the underground in london that is sheer HELL IF UR DISABLED ..oh that poor lady .my heart goes out to anyone remember you dont have to look disabled to be disabled .....
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
oh thats discusting i have a disabled daughter BA helped me and so did EGYPT AIR i cudnt get enough help the only trouble we had first time was the underground in london that is sheer HELL IF UR DISABLED ..oh that poor lady .my heart goes out to anyone remember you dont have to look disabled to be disabled ...for sum reason the amministrators havent like what was wrriten and was barring mine from the chat oh i say im wondering took me some time to pst back .....
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Yikes! Thanks Mystic! I've never flown American Airlines either and probably should've asked for advice for both AA and BA. I sure hope I have better luck with AA than you did! How was the take off and landing?
candy
Member # 10393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for candy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iv been with BA Egypt Air and Air France - the best one was Air France, Egyptair not a patch on the other two. Have fun
Posts: 149 | From: england | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the search for a cheap flight I have had to hang about in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Vienna, Milan and just about everywhere else in Europe. At least the BA is direct.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lady victoria
Member # 10408

Rate Member
Hi Samia,

No offence ment re cabin crew just speaking from work and travel experience of my own..... I am sure your daughter is lovely and does the airline proud x

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
British air does very well, air france also.. the landings were all ok on BA and american, the only bad landing i have ever had was on egypt air but overall egypt air is ok too, just not as good as BA or air france.
With Air France and BA they have a small tv in the back of the seat in front of you so you dont have to look to the big ones, also you can choose channels to watch, though on Air France you can also play games on this small tv and they give better information as to what is playing, Air France gives it through the tv screeen as a guide and BA i had to look in the guide(which was wrong) but still good movies.

Egypt air and american airlines do not offer this service.

Another tip for you, take a few bottles of soda or your choice of drink onboard with you as sometimes the staff is not as attentive as they need be and this way you will not have to wait for them to offer drinks.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
I asked for a glass of water once on a Thompson charter flight to Luxor - they charged me £1.65 for it. [Smile]
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lady victoria:
Hi Samia,

No offence ment re cabin crew just speaking from work and travel experience of my own..... I am sure your daughter is lovely and does the airline proud x

No offence taken lady V.... she's a very friendly and gregarious girl in and out of work anyway!!!
The grumpiesr crew I ever met were American Airlines London to New York... real fat grumpy pair...with dirty white shirts.....horrible!!!!

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
I have just got a BA flight from London to Hurghada for £170 return. Now that is what I call a bargain. Far cheaper in this instance than a cattle class squashed in charter flight.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com