EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Arabic schools in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Arabic schools in Cairo
Samera
Member # 10717

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samera     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and Salam aleikoum!
My brother and I are looking to study Arabic this summer in Cairo. We want to study Modern Standard Arabic in a school that's hopefully a) fairly cheap (well compared to the AUC anyway!) and b) easily accessible from where our flat is, in Abdeen, down the road from the American University of Cairo and c) with good feedback from students. If anyone could give any reviews or links to relevant sites it would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance,
Samera

Posts: 1 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roukas
Member # 10767

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Roukas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try this link
http://www.language-learning.net/quick_5_2_2_10_2_41.html

Posts: 1 | From: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taher
Member # 10503

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Taher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This link will show you all the schools. Qortoba and Fajr Center are the best.AUC is the most over priced in all of Cairo and not the best

http://www.ahlussunnah.net/lugah/institutes/africa/egypt_inst.htm 

Posts: 166 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmedmagdy
Member # 10691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmedmagdy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello samera im ahmed from egypt
and when u will come egypt tell me and i will help u and i hope too we will be friends
becues i need lerned english very well and i can lerned u arbic very well and my email
ramyhetler@hotmail.com and my mobail namber 0124696691 i hope u send email soon bye

Posts: 19 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ihthus
Member # 8318

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihthus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Qortoba and Fajr Center
This schools give you fosha not modern arabic. All schools that teach modern arabic are quite expensive
Posts: 24 | From: Egypt, Hurghada | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somone
Member # 5435

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for somone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check 4U Arabic school
They are teaching :

-MSA Modern Standard Arabic.
-ECA Egyptian Collecuial Arabic
-Conversation courses
-live and study Arabic in Sinai.
-Calligraphy Course.

www.4uarabicschool.com
info@4uarabicschool.com

Posts: 579 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taher
Member # 10503

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Taher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ihthus! Fosha is Modern Standard Arabic. The other kind of Arabic is Amayya which is colloquial. It is spoken but not a written language. I have a friend who is American/Bengali and went to Egypt for a number of summers and studied both at Fajr Center and Qortoba. He is now more than fluent in Arabic. Not exagerating. Qotoba offers private lessons for $3 per hour by the way
Posts: 166 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ihthus:
quote:
Qortoba and Fajr Center
This schools give you fosha not modern arabic. All schools that teach modern arabic are quite expensive
The Fajr gives classes in Ammeya as well.

In addition to what has been mentioned here I would check out ILI and Kalimat (which are supposed to be quite good) and I would also look into hiring a private tutor – if you study together with your brother that might be a good option, and it's cheaper than a school.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com