EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Loving an egyptian man

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Loving an egyptian man
wondering
Member # 10925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wondering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well first of all I would like to say hello to everyone. I am from the United States and my boyfriend is from egypt. I meet him online 6 months ago and we suppose to meet each other for the first time in December of this year. My boyfriend and I are divorced. He has no kids and I have twins age 14. I am 40 years of age and he is 38. We both are low income people but we have decided to try to make a relationship work. Well long story short, I've always wanted to visit egypt but now I have met a friend which I am looking forward to seeing also. The problem I'm experiencing is that my family is calling me stupid and a fool to want to visit egypt. No I haven't mentioned ahmad to them. My family feels that an american shouldn't go to egypt and they believe everything in the media about muslims being bad or a terrorist. I don't feel this way. I know they are wrong. Am I wrong for wanting to see ahmad? Thanks in advance for all replies.
Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wondering, you are not wrong for wanting to see ahmad. I think it's great that you met someone online. I hope you guys are happy together. Regardless of what your family thinks, you have to do what you want. I met a guy on here, but I don't know when he will come back. I really want to talk to him.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wondering
Member # 10925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wondering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Martha I wanted to thank u for the PM. I could relate to it so well. Thanks again.
Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would your family feel any safer if you proposed visiitng New York for a holiday. Tell them to get real, the world is a dangerous place, there is no 'safe' place.

You will have a lovely holiday and your children will learn a lot not only about the history but also about poverty, Islam, cultural differences and most of all about having an open mind and judging people.

As to your relationship, that may or may not work out and I wish you the best. I think coming and visiting him is the next locgical step in the relationship. Take it step at a time and see how things go. Keep an open mind and a closed purse.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt is very safe, safer than the US for the most part.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ihthus
Member # 8318

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihthus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do u care what they think??? It's ur life and ur not little kid. I know americans who visited Egypt [Smile] and all of them are alive till now [Smile]
Posts: 24 | From: Egypt, Hurghada | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wondering
Member # 10925

Rate Member
Thank u for your replies ihthus, madame M.,akshar, and concernedforwomen
malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
go for it, you only live once!
Posts: 288 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucy Farid
Member # 10976

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucy Farid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An open mind and closed purse??? Would you explain please?
Posts: 2 | From: Florida - United States | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lucy Farid:

It means be open to new experiences and to understanding different cultures, but make sure that you do not become a victim of one of the money scams sometimes inflicted (ie don't hand over your life savings to someone you only just met because he said he loves you but his mother needs an operation or he needs a business investing in [Smile] )
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oldbag:
quote:
Originally posted by Lucy Farid:

It means be open to new experiences and to understanding different cultures, but make sure that you do not become a victim of one of the money scams sometimes inflicted (ie don't hand over your life savings to someone you only just met because he said he loves you but his mother needs an operation or he needs a business investing in [Smile] )
Exactly what I meant
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucy Farid
Member # 10976

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucy Farid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such good advice no matter what county you live in, where your true love lives, or where you plan to visit.
Posts: 2 | From: Florida - United States | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`m positive too!You are mature enough to make the best choice for yourself,you can love and respect your parents a lot,but one visit of so lovely and beautiful country,and visitng your online friend is nothing to worry about!Just be careful as a tourist in any other country,not to be cheated about prices and etc!
This is not about egypt,and everywhere in the world is like this!
Akshar is right and gave you the most good advice,i couldnt say it better!
Online raltionship can be succesful in real meet,as unsuccessful too,but you will lost nothing to try after all,not to blame yourself one day that you didnt check if it will work for you!Go and get to know him better in real shwaya shwaya(little by little) as they say! [Big Grin]
I am wishing you a good luck!

--------------------
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
Egypt is very safe, safer than the US for the most part.

Egypt is safe for foreigners, not always safe for Egyptians.
Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostris
Member # 4694

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think everybody should visit egypt at least once. if you go there to meet ahmad or just to have a great experience you'll never forget. egypt is wonderfull!!!!
Posts: 13 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaReCeToMaL_SPEED2
Member # 10866

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaReCeToMaL_SPEED2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i could not agree with you more ,im live here and would not live anywhere else im fortunate to travel in my job ,and come across lovely places but i always love egypt ,even if our system need doing a bit better ,always egyptian nevernot an egyptian ...

--------------------
cumngetmeifucan

Posts: 102 | From: corvland | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshkiA
Member # 10944

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshkiA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi wondering,
Thought my advice would give u a little comfort. I am american and met my egyptian husband online. I decided to come to egypt this march 2006 and to this day I am still here lol (waiting on the US embassy) My family ofcourse wasn't to happy about it, and I recieved many 'terroist' comments from friends and co workers. Egypt has been very safe and kind to me. Other than people staring at me or whistleing at me even when I am standing next to my husband. lol It's all harmless though. Men are Men anywhere you go. Oh and if you happen to have allergies, be aware they get worse here. [Razz] Coming here is the best choice I have made, and the most frustrating lol. We love each other so much and I treasure the time I have spent here to know his family before we go to the States. Good luck. I'm sure you will enjoy your time in Egypt.

Posts: 177 | From: Alexandria,Egypt / Missouri,USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninky
Member # 10736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ashkia
You in Alex, I love thisplace my husband is from here also, but, we live in Sharm will be coming to Alex in the next 4 weeks cant wait, and bringing my sister here aswell for the first time so that should be fun, hows the weather there by the way, getting nice

--------------------
Do you think I look like George Clooney!!!

Posts: 155 | From: Eeeegggyyypppttt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kellyc1
Member # 9992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kellyc1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to say good luck, and go for it and make sure you have the best time you possibly can, put all worries to one side.

I went to egypt in january and met someone who works there we have a great relationship now and in a few days i will be flying to his home which is actually tunisia and we will be planning our future together and its an exciting experience. However if i had listened to everything people had said to me, about the culture, the way the men treat the women, the way they use you for the visa then i would not be experiencing this, yes dont get me wrong it does happen and you have to be careful but it is no different to meeting someone where you live now and they too using you for what ever reason.

so i wish you well and hope you enjoy xxxx

Posts: 9 | From: Tunisia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wondering.... come to Egypt, for Egypt, not this man!! Egypt is a very safe and nice place... I've lived here almost 4 years now, and have never felt unsafe at anytime!!
Just please be wary of this guy.... 'low income' to you means something entirely different to him!!
Your headline "Loving an Egyptian man" already is suggesting you are involved.... you're in love with the person he wants you to think he is... not a real person! Please come.... enjoy... have a great time..... stay in a hotel... commit yourself to nothing, financially or emotionally!!
I'm not saying all Egyptian men are bad... far from it!! But many want a better life, and will do anything to get it....lie, cheat, decieve!! Unfortunately, the phrase " My one's different" is all too common here!!
Come, have a great time, see this beautiful country, but keep your brain in gear!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tenngirl9
Member # 9948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenngirl9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in the states, and my daughter has boyfriend in egypt, they have been internet dating a little over a year. We went on vacation there and I got the same comments but we went anyway. The people were nicer than I ever thought. There is an innocence there that you dont find here much. You will feel so safe, except in the taxi (that will be your only fear) haha. HOLD ON!!! also dont expect it to be easy to be alone in a hotel room with him. They placed a guard outside our room all night when they found out that my daughter and him were boyfriend and girlfriend. he had his own room though. Good luck and have fun.
Posts: 96 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshkiA
Member # 10944

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshkiA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi ninky [Smile]
It's starting to get more warm. Started using a fan to keep me cool. I'm looking forward to getting wet in the SEA!!!!! [Big Grin]
-As to the other relationship comments. It's honestly a risk you have to take. Myself, I am very lucky, my husband has such a pure heart and cares for me sooo well, making sure I have everything I need. He really is one in a million. I have been living with him and his family since the beginning of March. Laughing, crying,celebrating......I have seen it all. lol I couldn't get more lucky. [Smile] I wish u the same wondering but please do look for any signs that he is holding back anything. There are bad ones just the same as good ones out there.

Posts: 177 | From: Alexandria,Egypt / Missouri,USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for galmarriedtoegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry. My family felt the same way with me at first. Everyone tried to talk me out of going to Egypt. They were all afraid I would die in some bomb blasting or get kidnapped! lol Go figure.

You'll be fine!

--------------------
yup

Posts: 285 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com