EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Urgent advice needed on tourist visas in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Urgent advice needed on tourist visas in Egypt
marakby
Member # 10174

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marakby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My understanding that foreigners (americans) get admitted into Egypt intiially for a one-month visa (bought from the airport) and then this visa is renewalble for 3 or 6 months maximum.

I have a friend who came to Egypt as a student for 5 months. These 5 months is about to expire in few days. Can he still apply for a tourist visa now without having to leave Egypt.

And if he has to leave, for howlong should he be away to get another tourist visa for 6 months.

Thanks a lot in advance.

PS - If you have any trusted links on this, would be highly appreciated.

Posts: 48 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your friend did not renew his 1 month visa, he will have to fly out and return.... he can go for just 1 week... he will have to pay extra money on his departure, and tell him also to expect a delay!
Tell him to make sure he renews his visa next time if he stays longer... less trouble!!
Also...it depends on the nationality of the person.
A western European or American can renew a visa for up to a year without any problems..and then extend easily again...
Russian can only extend for a month, then has to leave the country..
Eastern Europeans can, I think, stay 3 months.

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com