EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Tourist bus crash in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tourist bus crash in Egypt
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tourist bus crash in Egypt
10/06/2006 16:51 - (SA)

Cairo - A policeman was killed and 26 people were injured when a tourist bus overturned in al-Zaafaraniya on the road between Cairo and Hurgada on Saturday, said an Egyptian security official.

The official said the driver had lost control of the bus on a bend, causing the bus to roll over.

One Egyptian policeman was killed.

Twenty-one German tourists and five Egyptians were injured.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/News/0,,2-11-1447_1949193,00.html

Too many accidents like that are happening in Egypt...... [Frown]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
W'S SISTER ,
yeah thats true me and my husband was on our way to ALAMAIN to lay flowers for my family that were in battle there ,and our tyre on our coach blew and i thought at first we was attacked but we were lucky the thing that scared me most i was the only female on the bus surounded by men only knowing they knew me was a forigner but i was treat and looked after and given drink and wash facilites while it was fixed then when it was ok we left then further down the road was acrash happend after 1omins of us ,a prty of egyptians minibus carered off the road not a pretty site and no fire engine in site middle of the dessert ,ohhhhhhh sad ,

Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yusuf
Member # 9699

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yusuf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this accedent may occur at any place in world
Posts: 24 | From: egypt, cairo | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nileodyssey
Member # 11073

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nileodyssey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These things happen everywhere. Why does everyone focus on Egypt I personally think it is one of the safest places to travel. People should not be put off by this!!!!!
Posts: 63 | From: UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ispy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
9000 ppl dead in trafic every year in egypt
no that is only in egypt

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nileodyssey:
Why does everyone focus on Egypt

ehm.... they dont.. this wasnt exactly major news... this is a forum about egypt... of course its gonna be spoken about here.... no one seems that bothered about it.

if people wernt too put off by the dahab bombs... this wont bother them that much now will it?

if it wasnt for ES i wouldnt even have known about it.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ispy:
9000 ppl dead in trafic every year in egypt
no that is only in egypt

[Eek!] really? no.. cant be...

.... can it?

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. So I looked up the U.S. The latest stats I could find said 42,815 people died in traffic accidents in the U.S. in 2003.

So that's 0.15% of Americans die each year, and

0.12% of Egyptians. (based on that 9,000 figure)

although this article says developing countries have much higher rates than the U.S.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1127-03.htm

This article, however, says Egypt has the highest rate of traffic deaths in Africa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/292655.stm

That was 1999 though.

Anyway, there's room for improvement everywhere as far as traffic safety is concerned.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but how much of the overall population actually own cars in Egypt, I think it would be higher if all Egyptians owned cars. Traffic was crazy there, but you can die in an accident anywhere.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
true, although I was thinking of all the taxis...but maybe cabs don't get in as many accidents?
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Interesting. So I looked up the U.S.

I checked this out before as well ...

"... the nation saw 28,000 traffic accidents in 1998, accidents that produced 23,000 injuries. most of the victims are members of the country's labor force, ranging between the age of 18 and 40. since the victims are at the prime of their productive age, the loss of these youth to car accidents deals a blow to the labor force and consequently economy. the general traffic department estimates annual losses generated by car accidents at Łe 4 billion.

of course, the consequences of uncontrolled traffic extend beyond economic losses. cairo's streets claim an average of 5,100 lives a year. sixty percent of the victims are pedestrians, 80 percent of whom are below the age of 40. not included in the figure are victims who die of traffic-related injuries in the months following their accident. pollution is another health risk created by excess traffic. studies have shown that cars stuck in traffic pollute three times as much as those purring along roadways, negating the effect of cleaner gas emissions brought about by the use of unleaded fuel and conversion to compressed natural gas. ..."

http://www.amcham.org.eg/

Germany

According to provisional results of the Federal Statistical Office, the number of persons killed in road traffic accidents in Germany fell 9.1% to 7,772 in 1998 from a year earlier. The number of persons injured was down 0.7% to 497,638 compared with 1997. The number of accidents involving personal injury fell by 0.8% to 377,660.
In 1998, the police recorded a total of 2.25 mn (+0.9%) road traffic accidents.

Source

Egypt's population was about 66 millions in 1998, Germany's about 82 millions.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
im stunned at these figures! any ideas on how many people are killed each DAY? in the whole world? OMG! i have lost 6 friends to car crashes, and one friends unborn baby... and ive been in 3 car crashes myself, injured badly in 2 so i dont know why this surprises me, but it does.
Bombay1
Member # 5213

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bombay1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the point in this news item as per previous threads on COACH accidents could be the standard of training for coach drivers as there are a high percentage of coach accidents in Egypt especially this year.
So forget about those figures above.
How safe are you on a coach in Egypt especially in the Wacky Races also known as the convoy system!

R
http://www.bombay.luxor4u.com/

Posts: 53 | From: uk/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com