EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » EGYPT LAUNCHES CAMPAIGN TO HIGHLIGHT IMPORTANCE OF TOURISM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EGYPT LAUNCHES CAMPAIGN TO HIGHLIGHT IMPORTANCE OF TOURISM
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EGYPT LAUNCHES CAMPAIGN TO HIGHLIGHT IMPORTANCE OF TOURISM

Saturday June 24, 3:37 AM

CAIRO, June 23 Asia Pulse - A national campaign aimed at raising public awareness of the importance of tourism to Egypt is progressing well, according to officials. The campaign was launched in April after the authorities found that ordinary Egyptians are not aware of the importance of tourism as a major revenue earner for the country and thus they are ignorant about the link between tourism and their life.

The authorities found that many tourists were leaving Egypt with negative impressions of the country after having interactions with Egyptians, and this leads to a decline in repeat visits. The five-year campaign includes television documentaries and advertorials as well as printed material. They highlight how various segments of Egyptian society benefit from tourism and what the people should focus on while interacting with tourists arriving in the country.

The importance of tourism to Egypt is highlighted by the fact that for every one million additional tourists Egypt receives 200,000 direct and indirect jobs are created. Official figures show that 8.6 million tourist arrivals in 2005 accounting for US$6.8 billion in revenues for Egypt.

(DubaiPhotoMedia)

http://au.biz.yahoo.com/060623/17/p/rsw9.html

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com