EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Where is this Amazing Place located???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where is this Amazing Place located???
Pyramid2
Member # 11471

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Pyramid2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
couple of very nice Egypt photos at here

The Last Picture egypt5.jpg

where is it?

Posts: 8 | From: Cyprus | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luxor [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are the two seated statues of Amenhotep III that were in front of his mortuary temple. The temple itself was ransacked by later Pharaoh's who used it as a stone quarry to build their own temples so little remains except these status. The right hand one used to make a sound but after it was repaired in Roman times it stopped. They think the sound was air escaping as it heated up through the cracks in the statue. It was a famous site in the ancient world. The Romans and Greeks thought it was a statue of the young Memnon and gave it that name. That is why today they are called the Colossus of Memnon. It is just along the main rod from my house [Big Grin]
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akshar you live in the west bank? That's amazing!

You must be living in a huge villa!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No just a flat, but it is huge [Big Grin] have a look at my website and you can see the flats. I have a block of 4 and rent 3 and live in the other one. There are loads of photos www.flatsinluxor.co.uk The West Bank is such a lovely relaxng place with loads of history just down the road.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy WOW!!! Those were no there 10 years ago when I lived there, were they?

Because at a certain moment I got tired of living in Isis hotel [Cool] and wanted to take a flat but there was nothing so nice I could find.

By the way, is Save the Children/USA's office still there? At my time it was in the street of Saint Joseph hotel, in Villa Kamal.

Do you have any idea?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Thank you for the compliment I will pass it on to my husband because he was responsible. No they were not there 10 years ago. The West bank ones were built 2003 and the East Bank 2005. We have aimed at the top end of the market but that has been worth it as we recently got into the Lonely Planet in the 5* section which we were dead chuffed about.

I haven't noticed the Save the children office and did walk down that street recently but I might well have missed it

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Your project looks like it's well worth the 5 star section of Lonely Planet alright!

Well done!

Save the Children should be in the second or third villa after the St. Joseph hotel, in the same side street. It's a small white villa of three floors.

The owner lives upstairs with his beautiful wife and children. All very nice people.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com