EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Scenic routes to landmark sites

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scenic routes to landmark sites
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever got lost on the way to a tourist site and went down some roads you wish you hadn't?

Made a impromto shortcut and found a fascinating drive that just made the entire day out even more memorable?

Now we all can sit here and list all of the favorite sight seeing and landmark visiting stops seen in Cairo. But what is often forgot is the route in which to get to these sites.

Well I remember these routes more often than the destination.

Like the route off of Cairo/Alex desert road in order to avoid the 26th of July Bridge, it was supposed to be slums but just past the ramp I looked down below and saw fruit trees growing flowering buds and a small group of frisky goats frolicking under the blossoms. Sights like that surprise you.

Or take the route past Abdeen Palace on route to the Egypt Musuem. The taxi driver avoided 4 blocks of car free traffic to avoid the security forces in front of the Palace. It was 2 blocks past the Palace before I turned my head and saw what I had not had an opportunity to ride past. I sqwacked and said we had to go back, this was posposterous to my in-laws and didn't see the use of driving past the President's Villa.

Or even avoiding the route closest to the Nile front in order to cruise past a taxi depot.

Have you had the coulda, shoulda, & wish you hadn't routes?

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes. usually I prefer to travel and tour independently so I can see the sites that I specifically want to see instead of being crushed on an organised tour. Unfortunately, even armed with the best of maps I get lost and have ended up in the red-light districts of most cities by mistake!
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com