EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » EXCURSIONS FROM SHARM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXCURSIONS FROM SHARM
markandbrendacampbell
Member # 11578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for markandbrendacampbell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi can anyone reccommend a good tour operator other than thompson to book eexcursions from wev'r heard thompson's are overpriced and you can get the same deals cheaper we are staying in dreams resort in sharm in december we would love to go to cairo thanks for replies in advance
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nina... where are you? (sorry... cant remember your new name)

hi mark and brenda... welcome to ES.

nina is a tour operator in sharm... she will post to you soon im sure.

i can advise you NOT to use ciao carlo in naama bay!!!

also.. who ever you go with, double check everything you expect to see/do... they tend to just tell you what u want to hear to get you on the bus!

are you planning to see the pyramids?

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ninky.. thats her new name.

actually... where is she???

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glagys
Member # 11119

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for glagys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi mark and brenda
i used Nina'a husband Tamer to book a trip to Cairo there were five of us we had a private mini bus with air con ( a must)and we did what we wanted and spent as long or as little time where ever and it was up to us when we returned would recommend them to anyone, last i heard Nina was back in UK visiting family don't know when she's returning to sharm but am sure she'll be in touch as soon as she see's you message, i have her email addy if you want?

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The usual excursion to Cairo includes, Museum, Pyramids, Sphinx, Old Citadel, Papyrus & Perfume factories.

Most people complain they don't get enough time at the first 3 and too much time at the last two.

Most'organised' tours through reps are like this so I would advise going independently. It is not difficult.

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurghada man
Member # 11124

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurghada man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Both,

Just to tell you if you already travelling with thomson , it is much better for you to do the excursion with them, it is a very long drive to cairo over 5 hours . and if you book with anyother tour operator you are not inssured . and if anything happened , you will have to cover all ur medical expneses . if you are travelling on ur own in the first place. then there are few good companies in sharm that can provide you inssured excursions including cairo . if you are interested please let me know i can send you some details.

thanks and wish you a very good stay in sharm

xxx

Posts: 520 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tenngirl9
Member # 9948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenngirl9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we went on 5 day nile cruise, 5 star, 5 star hotels private van, all entrance fees, 2 nights sleeper train south egypt. stayed 10 days, 670 usd per person included all above we went to pyramids, aswan luxor and alexandria. I thought this was great price!! I sent you private message on our tour operator.
Posts: 96 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
egyptian_sharm, I have to disagree that booking through other tour operators means you are not insured. This is totally incorrect.

All Tour Operators MUST carry Public Liability Insurance. Perhaps you meant to say that the average place in the street from where you can book tours may not be insured even though they say they are.

To be on the safe side, if booking with anyone other than a reputable Tour Operator, ask to see their P.R.I.

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glagys
Member # 11119

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for glagys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Semsema
thats a good idea to ask to see the P.R.I.
the only problem being that if it's writen in Arabic how the hell will you know what it says unless you can read Arabic it could be a shopping list for we know LOL
just a thought

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Valid point Glagys. So the tour operators attached to Hotels ALL cover P.R.I. but the shop in the street selling tours may not. You pay your money and take your choice.

Whatever you decide to do, have a great time.

--------------------
Whitelily

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com