EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Roman Greco Museum & Alexandria National Museum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roman Greco Museum & Alexandria National Museum
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are these two Museums open or still closed for renovation?

And if they are open are they fully open, all wings?

Just wondering if someone has gotten out to see these recently.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can check it, if it's so important for you, let me know
Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guest Of Life:
i can check it, if it's so important for you, let me know

yeah that would be great. I havn't been able to find an update on the situation of these two Museums on the internet.

One webpage said the Alexandria National Museum was not yet open, that was in June of this year.

Another webpage said the Greco-Roman Museum was closed for renovations, that was like Febuary or March of this year.

I want to do katombs, but because its pharonic it'll scare the sh*t out of me.

I want to balance off the Egyptian Museum and the Pyramids with something that doesn't frighten me so much. In addition to my mother not being able to withstand Cairo. It'll take several trips for her not to be in shock from the bustle of Cairo.

So we'll be staying closer to Alex for this trip. With the slim possibility of taking off with a non-pregnant SIL for a few day trips into Cairo.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
only one open museum now in Alex from 2 main museums (the national Alexandria museum)in area we calling it AL shlalat
and it is including ancient Egyptian,Greek,roman,Coptic ,Islamic and Turkish monuments

--------------------
[URL=http://soha.egypt.tripod.com]

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptourguide:
only one open museum now in Alex from 2 main museums (the national Alexandria museum)in area we calling it AL shlalat
and it is including ancient Egyptian,Greek,roman,Coptic ,Islamic and Turkish monuments

So what you are saying is the Alexandria National Musuem is open, but not the Roman-Greco Museum.....

Right?

Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Alexandria Library has a museum too, paintings, drawings, books, old translated Qu'urans, antiqueties, whatever

http://www.bibalex.org/English/index.aspx

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com