EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » is smoking pot illegal in egypt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is smoking pot illegal in egypt?
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious. Not like I"m a total pothead or anything but the occasional joint to make me happy would be nice. When I visit can I smoke or no? Is it against the law there?
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can smoke hashes.i was offered that when i went i dont know whether it is legal. but they even asked me if i want to smoke pot.you can get it anywhere
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
illegal

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can get it easily, and you can smoke it more openly than you can in the UK or the USA... but, yes, it is illegal.... although the cafe owner would probably get in more trouble than you.

once youre there you will soon find out who, how and where.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
contact me and i can get you some [Wink]

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes its illigal but still many people doing it. The best is you smoke it at home, it will not bother anyone.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyboeing
Member # 11655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettyboeing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we had some over there, easy to get hold of, we sat in this bar, smoking it under the stars, sharing with other Egyptians, nobody batted an eyelid
Posts: 55 | From: Mars | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good holiday then pubestone?! welcome to the boards.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's illegal but ppl do it openly in public. I believe hash is more common in Egypt though.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i heard of someone who is a local being put in prison for three months for smoking it in public. is that a true thing?
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno about that but I would advise against smoking it in public. Even smoking cigarettes in public is considered shameful for women by some.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoffeeAddict&Not looking for a cure
Member # 11183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoffeeAddict&Not looking for a cure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No thats not true, Everyone I know smokes hashish in public. No one even looks twice, it doesnt matter if you're local or foreign. And its so easy to get, as easy as buying bread.

--------------------
Drinkin Coffee Like the Lunatic I am.

Posts: 173 | From: In you're coffee pot | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyboeing
Member # 11655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettyboeing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, i am western and they can consider as shameful as they like, i have my freedom and independance to make my own decisions, also to note, we were smoking with Egyptians who couldnt give a toss!!! Female or not, it really pisses me off this equality ****, means nowt to us westerners you know!! As nescafe addict said, nobiby even looked twice at us all!!
Posts: 55 | From: Mars | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No offense doodlebut,but it made me smile a little that in an other thread ur planning to wear ^extremely respectful^ and and and and here ur shocking us by saying occasionally u wouldnt mind to smoke marihuana.lol
Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissSalsa
Member # 10273

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissSalsa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL what a contrast.
Posts: 12 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ViVaLaDiVa:
No offense doodlebut,but it made me smile a little that in an other thread ur planning to wear ^extremely respectful^ and and and and here ur shocking us by saying occasionally u wouldnt mind to smoke marihuana.lol

and and and and?!!! [Big Grin]

anyway... i do see what you mean, and i didnt read the thread youre talking about, but it still seems to me that there is nothing wrong with this.

if someone wants to wear respectful clothing, isnt that a good thing? the egyptians i know all wear respectable clothing and a great deal of them smoke pot.

Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well yes hash is illegal. If caught you CAN get 6 months. This is usually suspended though.

Cocaine - anything between 2 & 7 years.

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
then u better go for coke lmao
Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
heya Charm,u better read the tread lol.then u understand my ^and and and and ^s haha
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
ok.. where is it? whats it called?
doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:

I don't understand what you mean? I want to be respectful of the culture so 1) I want to wear clothing that will not offend and 2) I do not want to do anything that would break any laws.

How are these two things in opposition? Obviously if it is illegal than I will not do it since I don't want to disrespect the laws of a foreign country.

Your statement is puzzling me. I'm genuinely confused....

ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
lol..never mind doodlebut.It was just little funny that u were about to veil urself to respect the country and its people and in another thread ur asking about the pot...as i said i didnt wanna offend u [Smile]
MissSalsa
Member # 10273

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissSalsa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doodlebut, i refuse to believe you don't understand.

You obviously paid close attention to the fact that Egypt is a conservative country. Hence, you wish to cover yourself.
So how could you have thought Pot would be legal in a MUSLIM coservative country?

Posts: 12 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
lmao
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
hey, hang on a minute. everywhere you go in egypt you see thousands of shisha pipes, and you smell hash countless times. at one point i found myself asking my egyptian friend one night what the laws were like about smoking hash. he basically said what i said above... its VERY common, you can get it in most shisha cafes and most people just turn a blind eye.

now, im only really talking from experience in sharm, and i know sharm is a little different to the rest of egypt, but i have friends in cairo and alex and UK friends who visit hurghada, and most people seem to be of the same opinion...

its easily available, not legal but not taboo...

be discrete and respectful.

MissSalsa
Member # 10273

Rate Member
Charm el feikh, asking doodle how she could think hash was legal in egypt is not not being disrespectful.
It is merely trying to gain an insight into how and why she thought like that.

"everywhere you go in egypt you see thousands of shisha pipes, and you smell hash countless times. at one point i found myself asking my egyptian friend one night what the laws were like about smoking hash. "

I also smell hash countless times around my college and clubs. (London) That doesn't make me think it's legal.

However, i don't think it was wrong of her to post and ask. I just find it bizarre.

doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:
Originally posted by MissSalsa:
Doodlebut, i refuse to believe you don't understand.

You obviously paid close attention to the fact that Egypt is a conservative country. Hence, you wish to cover yourself.
So how could you have thought Pot would be legal in a MUSLIM coservative country?

Refuse or not, it doesn't matter to me. Why I am being attacked here I'll never know. I came to this forum to learn more about the country, ask questions, assuming the people here are as nice as the ones I know in Cairo I never expected this type of reaction.

My apologies. The few people that i do know from Egypt do smoke pot and are muslim, though obviously not strict muslim. I have no idea how Islam views pot. How could I since I know nothing about the religion.

Whatever. topic closed. I'm not going to smoke it and you believe what you want about me. I'm done with this forum.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MissSalsa:
Charm el feikh, asking doodle how she could think hash was legal in egypt is not not being disrespectful.

you have miss understood me.

i wasnt addressing you, i was saying be discrete and respectful with regards to smoking hash.

sorry for any confusion.

ps... just charm will do!

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebut:
I'm done with this forum.

[Frown] <--- but with more bottom lip than that...

dont go.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
lol..never mind doodlebut.It was just little funny that u were about to veil urself to respect the country and its people and in another thread ur asking about the pot...

I don't find that weird at all, veiled women also smoke hash. [Wink]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Oh my gosh Dalia,r u for real?I have never heared of this.About guys,well yes i did,i know its common in egypt but i know on the other hand its ILLEGAL.as it is in most of the countries except holland and denmark(im not sure).
Whatever,but i dont find it neither respectful,nor healthy.This is only my personal opinion [Razz]

ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
doodlebut,sorry for crapping again,but in which religion is it allowed to smoke pot excuse me..I personally hv never heared of any.Actually as far as i know even smoking cigarettes is ^haram^.
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh my gosh Dalia,r u for real? I have never heared of this.

There are many things in Egypt that aren't obvious at first sight ...
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MystricAqua
Member # 11719

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MystricAqua     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here it is ; i currently live in egypt, cairo and im american-egyptian. My friends are mostly egyptians at least the hash rats ( i love um though!))) oh did i forget to mention im a female??? yah so anyways we hook up score and smoke in public. Look if we get caught they mostly just take away the hash and ask us to pay them some kind of money. Ive been caught by "the police " before with friends nothing really pans out and its not that big of a deal. And i cant .....find weed or pot for the life of me here....... OH ya and female girls smoke Hash too! I was really freaked out at first then I realized most girls veiled in egypt even have sex, boyfriends and drink. Some even un-veil themselves when they hit the club.....
And most girls are forced to be veiled by parents or perhaps society......its a fashion now not a religious choice

--------------------
Suzy
24, Female, USA ( currently in EGYPT )

Posts: 5 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12099672/
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PabloEscobar
Member # 9704

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for PabloEscobar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:
lol..never mind doodlebut.It was just little funny that u were about to veil urself to respect the country and its people and in another thread ur asking about the pot...

I don't find that weird at all, veiled women also smoke hash. [Wink]
How many veiled women do you personally know and have seen them smoking hash?
Posts: 33 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by PabloEscobar:
How many veiled women do you personally know and have seen them smoking hash?

a) lots
b) several

Desperate Housewife
Member # 11445

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desperate Housewife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
doodlebut,sorry for crapping again,but in which religion is it allowed to smoke pot excuse me..I personally hv never heared of any.Actually as far as i know even smoking cigarettes is ^haram^.

How did it turn into a matter of religious ethics? There are more religions in the world than Christianity and Islam, and neither one of those specifically say "Thou shall not smoke" as far as I know.

Hash is very easily attainable here, and so are cigarettes, my young grade school child can go buy cigarettes if they want to, and that's not my idea of a conservative country if you know what I mean. In American they have to at least look 27 years old to purchase cigarettes, a 4 year old can buy them here.

And don't kid yourself, I see women in veils all over the city in cofee shops smoking sheesha, no one even blinks an eye at them, it seems to be chic. I don't know if they smoke hash but it wouldn't shock me,knowing what I do know.

By the way this so-called conservative muslim country also sells alcoholic beverages, and I know many muslims who drink except during Ramadam, talk about contradictions.

Posts: 37 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
TAOISM: **** happens.

CONFUCIANISM: Confucius say, "**** happens".

ZEN: (What is the sound of **** happening?)

JESUITISM: If **** happens and when nobody is watching, is it really ****?

ISLAM: **** happens if it is the will of Allah.

COMMUNISM. Equal **** happens to all people.

CATHOLICISM: **** happens because you are bad.

PSYCHOANALYSIS: **** happens because of your toilet training.

SCIENTOLOGY: **** happens if you're on our **** list.

ZOROASTRIANISM: Bad **** happens, and good **** happens.

UNITARIANISM: Maybe **** happens. Let's have coffee and donuts.

RIGHT-WING PROTESTANTISM: Let this **** happen to someone else.

JUDAISM: Why does **** always happen to US?

REFORM JUDAISM: Got any Kaopectate?

MYSTICISM: What weird ****!

AGNOSTICISM: What is this ****?

ATHEISM: I don't believe this ****!

NIHILISM: Who needs this ****?

AZTEC: Cut out this ****!

QUAKER: Let's not fight over this ****.

FORTEANISM: No ****??

12-STEP: I am powerless to cut the ****.

VOODOO: Hey, that **** looks just like you!

NEWAGE: Visualize **** not happening.

DEISM: **** just happens.

EXISTENTIALISM: **** doesn't happen; **** is.

SECULAR HUMANISM: **** evolves.

CHRISTIAN SCIENCE: **** is in your mind.

BUDDHISM: **** happens, but pay no mind.

SHINTOISM: **** is everywhere.

HINDUISM: This **** has happened before.

WICCA: Mix this **** together and make it happen!

HASIDISM: **** never happens the same way twice.

THEOSOPHY: You don't know half of the **** that happens.

DIANETICS: Your mother gave you **** before your were born.

SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST: No **** on Saturdays.

JEHOVAH's WITNESSES: No **** happens until Armageddon.

MOONIES: Only happy **** really happens.

HOPI: Corn fertilizer happens.

BAHA'I: It's all the same ****.

STOICISM: This **** is good for me.

OBJECTIVISM: Our **** is good for you.

EST: If my **** bothers you, that's your fault.

REAGANISM: Don't move; the **** will trickle down.

FASCISM: **** makes the trains run on time.

CARGO CULT: A barge will come and take all the **** away.

EMACS: Hold down Control-Meta-****.

DISCORDIANISM: Some funny **** happened to me today.

RASTAFARIANISM: Let's smoke this ****.
CHARISMATIC: This is not **** and it doesn't smell bad.

MASONIC: **** happens, but we can't discuss it during Lodge.

RED CROSS: **** happens - send money.

doodlebug
Member # 11649

roflmaooo charm lol
Desperate Housewife
Member # 11445

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Desperate Housewife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm el Feikh?:
TAOISM: **** happens.

CONFUCIANISM: Confucius say, "**** happens".

ZEN: (What is the sound of **** happening?)

JESUITISM: If **** happens and when nobody is watching, is it really ****?

ISLAM: **** happens if it is the will of Allah.

COMMUNISM. Equal **** happens to all people.

CATHOLICISM: **** happens because you are bad.

PSYCHOANALYSIS: **** happens because of your toilet training.

SCIENTOLOGY: **** happens if you're on our **** list.

ZOROASTRIANISM: Bad **** happens, and good **** happens.

UNITARIANISM: Maybe **** happens. Let's have coffee and donuts.

RIGHT-WING PROTESTANTISM: Let this **** happen to someone else.

JUDAISM: Why does **** always happen to US?

REFORM JUDAISM: Got any Kaopectate?

MYSTICISM: What weird ****!

AGNOSTICISM: What is this ****?

ATHEISM: I don't believe this ****!

NIHILISM: Who needs this ****?

AZTEC: Cut out this ****!

QUAKER: Let's not fight over this ****.

FORTEANISM: No ****??

12-STEP: I am powerless to cut the ****.

VOODOO: Hey, that **** looks just like you!

NEWAGE: Visualize **** not happening.

DEISM: **** just happens.

EXISTENTIALISM: **** doesn't happen; **** is.

SECULAR HUMANISM: **** evolves.

CHRISTIAN SCIENCE: **** is in your mind.

BUDDHISM: **** happens, but pay no mind.

SHINTOISM: **** is everywhere.

HINDUISM: This **** has happened before.

WICCA: Mix this **** together and make it happen!

HASIDISM: **** never happens the same way twice.

THEOSOPHY: You don't know half of the **** that happens.

DIANETICS: Your mother gave you **** before your were born.

SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST: No **** on Saturdays.

JEHOVAH's WITNESSES: No **** happens until Armageddon.

MOONIES: Only happy **** really happens.

HOPI: Corn fertilizer happens.

BAHA'I: It's all the same ****.

STOICISM: This **** is good for me.

OBJECTIVISM: Our **** is good for you.

EST: If my **** bothers you, that's your fault.

REAGANISM: Don't move; the **** will trickle down.

FASCISM: **** makes the trains run on time.

CARGO CULT: A barge will come and take all the **** away.

EMACS: Hold down Control-Meta-****.

DISCORDIANISM: Some funny **** happened to me today.

RASTAFARIANISM: Let's smoke this ****.
CHARISMATIC: This is not **** and it doesn't smell bad.

MASONIC: **** happens, but we can't discuss it during Lodge.

RED CROSS: **** happens - send money.

Desparate Housewifism....This is the funniest **** I ever read [Big Grin]
Posts: 37 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
^^LOL!

ok.. charmism... i bet this **** is cheaper somewhere else!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com