EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » leaving egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: leaving egypt
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so I know what I need to get into the country, but to leave it is a different story.

If I were to marry my bf in Egypt while I am there, I will have to leave to go back to the USA within a few days of the wedding.

Is there any possible way that I will be stopped from leaving the country?

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom in america
Member # 11657

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom in america     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where does your bf live in egypt and why will you have to leave within a few days of being married

--------------------
lblickem

Posts: 18 | From: america | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He lives right in Cairo. I would have to leave because I'm not rich. rofl

Basically I am a single mom and not a rich one. Taking time off from work to do this is stretching me in the first place so I can only be there for 7 days tops. Then I need to get back to my daughters and to my job.

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There'd be no reason for anyone to stop you from leaving the country unless you commit a crime or something [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by doodlebut:
Ok so I know what I need to get into the country, but to leave it is a different story.

If I were to marry my bf in Egypt while I am there, I will have to leave to go back to the USA within a few days of the wedding.

Is there any possible way that I will be stopped from leaving the country?

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Ok. I thought I had read somewhere that the husband has to sign a release form allowing the wife to go home.
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh God...NO! Whoever told you that has Not Without My Daughter syndrome [Big Grin]

quote:
Ok. I thought I had read somewhere that the husband has to sign a release form allowing the wife to go home.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

There was an old law here that did state that, but it has been repealed, so wives of Egyptians can now leave freely, especially if they have a foreign passport. It is true however, that a husband does have to sign the application form for his wife's Egyptian passport; but once she has it she can come and go as she pleases. However his children will still have to have his permission to leave.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

I think just about everyone here that I've mentioned my situation to has requested that I see Not Without My Daughter. lol
tenngirl9
Member # 9948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenngirl9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont worry you can leave freely unless he is personally a kidnapper, killer, raper murder and he ties you up HAHA. I didnt meet these type guys there, all seemed friendly and helpful etc. But you can leave freely married or not.
Posts: 96 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gaffy
Member # 11441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gaffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are getting married to him for him to have the visa to travel, so the best way is to do fiance visa, it is faster than the other will take like 2 years to get it.

Talk to the Embassy first before doing this marriage. Especially if you don't have money to see him again after you get married, it will be very difficult to file all the papers and more than $1,000 later you might regret.

Even if you love him so much, you don't have to marry him when you first meet him. Take time just like you would with any other man. It's not the end of the world. Patience can bring you closer and find your love is real or not.

Posts: 39 | From: Jersey City, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com