EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » best way to call the USA?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best way to call the USA?
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry if this has been asked a million times before but I can't find the search function on these forums. [Smile]

What is the cheapest way to call back home? Use a calling card? Buy a new cellphone that works in Cairo? use my cingular since maybe it works already?

Thanks!

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Egypt they have places called the central. It's a small building with separate phone booths. You give the man at the desk the phone number, he dials it, you go into a booth and talk as much as you want, when you're finished you pay the man. I don't remember exactly how much it cost me but I think it was somewhere around 30LE-50LE for 5 minutes.

Don't bother buying a cellphone in Cairo if you're not gonna stay long. You can alternatively buy credit and use your bf's mobile. Ask your bf about the central and see which would be cheaper.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soghantouta
Member # 11674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soghantouta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calling from Egypt is expensive. You can go to the Central or buy a card (marhaba card) and call from your home.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gaffy
Member # 11441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gaffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can by a menatel card for use on the pay phones in the street, 10 le gets you about 3 minutes and 20 le is about 6 minutes.
Posts: 39 | From: Jersey City, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have a PC/laptop with a mic and internet connection you can use skype.com software... last time I used it, it's about $0.02/minute to call the states from overseas using their skypeout service.
Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Buckaroo Bonzai:
If you have a PC/laptop with a mic and internet connection you can use skype.com software... last time I used it, it's about $0.02/minute to call the states from overseas using their skypeout service.

you can even do it for free [Wink]
Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Safe drive
Member # 11087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Safe drive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy a Marhab card.
Currently they have an offer to call USA from 12: am to 7:00 am for only 1.35 LE/minute.

A 10 LE card gives you about 7 minutest

Good luck

--------------------
safedrivz@gmail.com

Posts: 25 | From: Egypt-Cairo | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com