EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Travel from Hurghada to Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Travel from Hurghada to Cairo
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know how much a car from Hurghada to Cairo would cost and how long it might take?

Would it be necessary for a foreigner to travel in a convoy (travelling with egyptian companion).

Thanks.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi OB..... Not sure about the cost.... I last did it 4 years ago.... we tried to go without a convoy and got turned back, just after El Gouna!!!
So... yes, a convoy is necessary. Why not just go on the coach? it's 60 le and you don't have the stress of driving around cairo!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samia, I hope the sitation looks differently when you are a foreigner but residing in Egypt. I mean people travelling both ways, they should not have any problems (we intend to do the same if we move back).
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went with the Superjet three years ago the same way, it was okay, very cheap, the bus was on time but I remember the toilet being a nightmare (both ways!).
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
hi OB..... Not sure about the cost.... I last did it 4 years ago.... we tried to go without a convoy and got turned back, just after El Gouna!!!
So... yes, a convoy is necessary. Why not just go on the coach? it's 60 le and you don't have the stress of driving around cairo!

I've never done a coach but I'll look into it, thanks (though the toilet thing worries me!)
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oldbag:
quote:

I've never done a coach but I'll look into it, thanks (though the toilet thing worries me!)
OB.... if you go with El Gouna buses on their first class, chances are you'll get a toilet..... skanky with no paper, but a toilet!!
We just came back from Dahab on a 14 hour journey with no yoilet, but the bus did loads of stops!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by oldbag:
quote:

OB.... if you go with El Gouna buses on their first class, chances are you'll get a toilet..... skanky with no paper, but a toilet!!
We just came back from Dahab on a 14 hour journey with no yoilet, but the bus did loads of stops!

OMG I was gonna post the same question...We are going to Cairo in November. Im travilling with my egyptian (at that time husband [Smile] ) and 2 children.
How long time will that take on a 1 class El Gouna buss???
(what is a coach????)

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
søde tag bussen...Det er billigt og busserne er faktisk rigtig fine.. aircondition og mad!! jeg brugte ikke toilettet så ved ikke hvor slemt det er... det er en dejlig tur med film i bussen på ca. 5 timer.. husk at i skal købe billetten dagen før for at være sikker på at få en plads..
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
coach = posh bus [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we went superjet from Hurghada to cairo it took 6 hours, smelly toilets but lots of wee wee stops. It was cheap A/C and clean. The only thing you have to suffer an egyptian movie. % hours of screaming.........fighting........shouting!! take good ear plugs, wet wipes, and a pillow
[Wink]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingspirit :)
Member # 11660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingspirit :)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagine we kont shayel kol dah 3ala albak ya ragel

--------------------
Always remembering that we are nothing without His Merciful hand over us.

Posts: 284 | From: gods heaven | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com