EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » I have something to celebrate!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have something to celebrate!!
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just received the results of the first year of my Masters - and I have passed!! My son suggested we have ANOTHER holiday in Egypt to celebrate - in February 2007 when its sooooo cold here. I want to take him to Luxor for a week, but he wants to go back to El Gouna and windsurf - he has little sense of adventure!
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats DawnBev! And hope that your "another holiday" will be great [Smile]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations - well done! And what better way to reward yourself?! How many years of studying do you have left?
Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you! Another 2 years left, but the final year will be a dissertation. (not sure if that will be easier or not).
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mabrook dawnbev well done girl [Big Grin]
Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah!!! well done! what are you studying?
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
MSc in Health and Social Care Research.

Its a bit heavy going at times. I'd rather do a MA in Ancient History but work won't pay the fees for that.

Still, it means a pay rise, and that means ............... holidays!!

I was going to decorate the house and do some more work on it, but I hate D.I.Y.

simpri
Member # 11573

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for simpri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations DawnBev, don't worry about the dissertation phase, it really gives you something to get your teeth into, where most previous pieces will have been restrictive in wordage. One thing, you may be offered from a range of topics to choose an area of research for dissertation, but if not you need to find something you really want to work on, and have it approved in time before you waste time running past many options. Something you feel passionate about really keeps the interest and helps you enjoy the process. It took me almost 6-months to get my supervisor to approve my area of choice! Well done! [Cool]
Posts: 61 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com