EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Need a drive ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need a drive ?
Safe drive
Member # 11087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Safe drive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ,

I can manage to drive you wherever you want in Great Cairo with my brand new 2006 AC car.

Special rates but only after 5 pm.

Can arrange Fri&Sat full day trips (Max 4 prs)

Need to be informed at least 1 day in advance.

If interested contact Tarek at:

safedrivz@gmail.com
Or call : 012-3323250

Posts: 25 | From: Egypt-Cairo | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi safe drive,
Why the name safe drive?
Are you insinuating there are also unsafe drivers in egypt?

How safe are you on a scale of 1-10?

what is your max speed, to you keep to your lane? do you wait till it is safe to overtake?
Do you use your horn only in an emergency situation, do you use head lights at night? do you wear a seatbelt and make sure your passengers do, do you have a child seat for children?
If you do all this I will keep your number and recommend you.

If not.................

[Wink]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Safe drive
Member # 11087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Safe drive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi More tea vicar ,

You seem to have a cynical view about driving in Egypt. In a way that I can assume that you have been here before.

Well, Of course there are unsafe drivers in Egypt as also in everywhere in the world.

I simply chose this name because safety is my absolute priority.

I don't break the law and I try to avoid people who do that.

For ex: I can't accept to drive someone from Cairo to Alex (about 250 km) in 90 minutes just because he has a meeting to attend, when it normally takes 3 hours to go there . -Even if he pays a lot more for it-.

I mostly do the cautions you have mentioned .except that I don't have a child seat in my car! But you inspired me to have one.

It will be my pleasure to offer you my service whenever you needed it.

If not...................

--------------------
safedrivz@gmail.com

Posts: 25 | From: Egypt-Cairo | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what a lovely person. when im in cairo i will be sure to let you know.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Safe drive
Member # 11087

Rate Member
Charm el Feikh , Thanks for your kind words.

It will certainly be my pleasure.

--------------------
safedrivz@gmail.com

Safe drive
Member # 11087

Rate Member
Charm el Feikh , Thanks for your kind words.

It will certainly be my pleasure.

--------------------
safedrivz@gmail.com

imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ill make sure to keep that number.. you never know when u need it lol
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
her maj
Member # 10299

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for her maj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I am on one of my many official tours of your lovely country , I will indeed keep your number in my little leather bound diary. Do you have room for a pony? Is your vehicle bulletproof, and is there adequate space in the boot for my tiaras? Sometimes one get suffocated by the numerous official engagements and cocktail parties that one feels duty bound to attend. One would be looking for a means of escape and one would call one and arrange a little drive around Egypt in your safe vehicle. You seem like a very sensible and safe driver. Congratulations, I hope your business is very successful. [Wink]
Posts: 115 | From: Buckingham Palace | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking notes for my next trip there in October,SafeDrive
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So weird !!
is that offer valid for ladies only what if 4 guys hired you , will that be ok wit ya !

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Safe drive
Member # 11087

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Safe drive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
her maj , Thanks a lot , pleas don't forget to bring your little leather bound diary
Safe drive
Member # 11087

Rate Member
Sashyra88 , Thank you , awaiting for your arrival in October.
Please let me know if you have any inquiry.
Take care

--------------------
safedrivz@gmail.com

Safe drive
Member # 11087

Rate Member
Yanal, where did I imply by any mean that my offer is only for women??!!!

I will be glad to drive you in Cairo if you want.

If this's ok wit ya !

--------------------
safedrivz@gmail.com

schoolbound
Member # 11876

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for schoolbound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can u give me an idea of your fees for driving services?
Posts: 29 | From: florida | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me again.

You can get a driver full time for between 600 and 1000 LE per month (with your own car). Some people do pay a lot more, but there's no need to.

Bring an international drivers license when you come, and you can get a local drivers license very easily. Slip them an extra 30LE to upgrade to the 10 year license.

--------------------
Happiness is a choice!

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
schoolbound
Member # 11876

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for schoolbound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i cant drive in egypt:(
Posts: 29 | From: florida | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gentle_giant:
Me again.

You can get a driver full time for between 600 and 1000 LE per month (with your own car). Some people do pay a lot more, but there's no need to.

Bring an international drivers license when you come, and you can get a local drivers license very easily. Slip them an extra 30LE to upgrade to the 10 year license.

When I move over, I am thinking about getting a driver - how do you find them? Is there some kind of agency that will find one for you and check that they are good drivers?
What are the implications for owning a car but someone else driving it? (In Egypt do you have compulsory car insurance with named drivers or anything like that - somehow I doubt it [Wink] ) I assume they live in their own accommodation and come to you when you need them?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Compulsory car insurance. Couldn't stop laughing.

You're pretty much right, you buy the car (fairly expensive), you insure it (about 1800 LE per year), you maintain it (about 2k to 4k per year for servicing - if you can call it that).

If one of you has a normal acciadent (no injuries), very rarely would any insurance details be exchanged. Normally, if needed, a bribe would be paid on the spot at the agreed argued value. Some time later, you driver will get a police report for 20LE some a cop on the street, and then you get the insurance company to fix it (and there's no excesses). I've had mine fixed up about 4 times in 4 years, and once paid an extra 1000LE to get the rest of the car tidied up and sprayed. The insurance companies are basically panel beater company front ends. I don't think you can get insurance to cover a write-off, actually I'm sure you could, but it'd be expensive.

I don't think there's a company you can go through. It's usually someones friend who needs work. You need to get someone that speaks some enlish though, otherwise it can be hell.

--------------------
Happiness is a choice!

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Compulsory car insurance. Couldn't stop laughing.

You're pretty much right, you buy the car (fairly expensive), you insure it (about 1800 LE per year), you maintain it (about 2k to 4k per year for servicing - if you can call it that).

If one of you has a normal acciadent (no injuries), very rarely would any insurance details be exchanged. Normally, if needed, a bribe would be paid on the spot at the agreed argued value. Some time later, you driver will get a police report for 20LE some a cop on the street, and then you get the insurance company to fix it (and there's no excesses). I've had mine fixed up about 4 times in 4 years, and once paid an extra 1000LE to get the rest of the car tidied up and sprayed. The insurance companies are basically panel beater company front ends. I don't think you can get insurance to cover a write-off, actually I'm sure you could, but it'd be expensive.

I don't think there's a company you can go through. It's usually someones friend who needs work. You need to get someone that speaks some enlish though, otherwise it can be hell.

Thanks for that. If there is an accident (particularly a nasty one with death or serious injury) is the driver responsible or the car owner?
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You need to get someone that speaks some enlish though, otherwise it can be hell.

Learning Arabic might also be an option.
[Wink]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 8 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by more tea vicar?:

How safe are you on a scale of 1-10?

How sane are you on a scale of 1- 10?
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
Learning Arabic might also be an option.
[Wink]

Yeah good point. You certainly need a bit if you're gonna drive yourself, especially malesh.

I think it's always the driver that's responsible (actually it's always the OTHER driver).

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Safe drive:
Hi More tea vicar ,

You seem to have a cynical view about driving in Egypt. In a way that I can assume that you have been here before.

Well, Of course there are unsafe drivers in Egypt as also in everywhere in the world.

I simply chose this name because safety is my absolute priority.

I don't break the law and I try to avoid people who do that.

For ex: I can't accept to drive someone from Cairo to Alex (about 250 km) in 90 minutes just because he has a meeting to attend, when it normally takes 3 hours to go there . -Even if he pays a lot more for it-.

I mostly do the cautions you have mentioned .except that I don't have a child seat in my car! But you inspired me to have one.

It will be my pleasure to offer you my service whenever you needed it.

If not...................

Please ignore the farts SD.

Good luck.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Placebo Flamingo
Member # 11857

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Placebo Flamingo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mind that tongue of yours MK, otherwise your husband might need to practice FTM on you. A much better end to deal with in your case [Smile]

--------------------
MK for head of cyber stalking.

Posts: 122 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com