EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » My Dream was CRUSHED! NO MORE EGYPT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Dream was CRUSHED! NO MORE EGYPT
TAREK307
Member # 7838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TAREK307   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After 14 years, i was finally going to Egypt, my family, everyone is there, i bought my ticket, and Then, my work today said they needed me, and i that i can't go!!! they said if i wnt to go i can go mid september foronly 1 week... [Frown] ONE WEEK to go across the world! [Frown] i am crushed
Posts: 511 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Tarek, oh how sad for you. Did your employer agreed earlier about your vacation plans? Hey, this must be devastating news for you. You are entitled to a certain amount of free leave days per year. Seriously, talk to your employer again. Tell them you need to go now and for at least two weeks. I hope you will have luck and still be able to visit your country. You must try!!!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for islamway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think you will like the crushed dream when you visit Egypt.
LOL, I'm joking.
Anyway, dont worry. evrey thing will be ok

Posts: 1007 | From: http://www.sultan.org | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where do you work tarek ? i am in pa and will call your boss. i am going for 2 weeks.sept 3 need usa influence? [Smile] i will be glad to help. call them and tell them i need a tour guide and that they ruined my plans also
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tarek, i also think they wouldnt have a leg to stand on if you just went. you were granted the holiday, had the trip booked etc... they cant just change their minds.

dont worry about losing your job, they cant sack you for that, or if they did you could take them to a tribunal and win... but they know this so they wouldnt dare.

sounds to me like you are taking the fall for someone else who wants those weeks off... dont let them do it.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah tarek!!!!!!!!!!!!!! listen to charm and me . they cant do that to you
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TAREK307:
After 14 years, i was finally going to Egypt, my family, everyone is there, i bought my ticket, and Then, my work today said they needed me, and i that i can't go!!! they said if i wnt to go i can go mid september foronly 1 week... [Frown] ONE WEEK to go across the world! [Frown] i am crushed

Fight harder. Maybe extend it to 10 days. Not ideal, but better than cancelling the trip. But if they already approved your leave, that's pretty low of them.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Tarel they cant do that to you.. at least tell them that if they cant grant you the holiday they allready promised you, they have to pay for the ticket you have allready bought, and that they must grant u 2 weeks in september.
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, they *can* do that to him. [Frown] Most employment in the U.S. is *at will* and they can fire you for anything that isn't related to discrimination (as defined by law) or in violation of terms listed in an employment contract.

Tarek, why don't you find coworkers who will cover for you, explain to your boss how each person will take over certain duties? If they see how you've covered for your absense, maybe they will reconsider.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TAREK307
Member # 7838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TAREK307   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of no where i got a job offer from one of my old bosses today, so i told my boss at TOYOTA "JUST GIVE ME TEN DAYS, this means so much to me" he said no....i said SEE YA!! I paid $350 fee to rebook my ticket that i caneled yesterday and now i'm Going GOD WILLING! i just must see my country, and my family! I am so HAPPY! My new job is in Morgages, not easy these days but oh well, God will make it all work!
Posts: 511 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tarek, wonderful news for you. You are doing right to switch jobs! Yalla, have a great vacation in Egypt! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Out of no where i got a job offer from one of my old bosses today, so i told my boss at TOYOTA "JUST GIVE ME TEN DAYS, this means so much to me" he said no....i said SEE YA!! I paid $350 fee to rebook my ticket that i caneled yesterday and now i'm Going GOD WILLING! i just must see my country, and my family! I am so HAPPY! My new job is in Morgages, not easy these days but oh well, God will make it all work!

Excellent. Way to solve the problem! I wouldn't be surprised if the idiots at Toyota later ask you to come back. [Roll Eyes]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
that is great news tarek. you will be going the same time i am
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 weeks till I'll be going. - 2 lllloooonnnnggg weeks. Days are going slower and slower as the date is getting closer. - Are you familar with that feeling???
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
oh am there with you tibe.where will you be ? in denmark or egypt?
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will fly to Egypt to have some wonderfull days alone with the love of my life.... (get me down from this pink cloud [Big Grin] )
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeay! have a great time tarek!
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
me too i will be there sept 3-16 .this will be our first honeymoon alone in feb we had the whole family with us . now this time it will be just him and me. where will you be in egypt. i will be flying into cairo then go to alex then his home town in el quseir red sea
ThePinkCamel
Member # 11718

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThePinkCamel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a great time everyone. Glad it worked out for you Tarek.
Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com